Hacking Can i install Preloader on 3.3/3.4?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting my Wii repaired from a brick and the guy said when i get it back it'll eitherbe 3.3 or 3.4 he's not sure. Sincei cant install StarFall on those 2, and i dont wnna do anything risky like downgrade without having the recovery meny installed first, is it safe to install preloader on those firmwares or will it brick my Wii? I dont wanna go through the same thing again right after getting the damn thing back. If i cant isntall it would it be safe to just downgrade to 3.2 then or is that something i shouldn't even attempt unless the recovery menu is installed?

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You should be fine to downgrade. Not much of a risk there, just follow this guide.

"Requirements:

-SD Card with Files

-Wii Remote

-Internet connection on Wii

1. Preparing for Downgrade

Go to the Homebrew Channel and load up WAD Manager 1.31. Install “IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad” Now go back to the Homebrew Channel when that is done and open up CUSTOM WAD Manager and install “cios_fix.wad”

2. Downgrade IOS

Go into the Homebrew Channel and run the application IOS Downgrader. Follow the prompts on the screen until the process is completed.

3. Downgrade to Version 3.2U

Go to the Homebrew Channel and run the application Custom IOS Downgrader. Follow the prompts and when you must choose which version to install, install Version 3.2U for USA/north america/NTSC, 3.2E for europe/PAL, and 3.2J for Japan/NTSC-J

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m