Can I has a blog here too?

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by d3x, Feb 15, 2009.

Feb 15, 2009

Can I has a blog here too? by d3x at 9:51 PM (1,860 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. d3x
    OP

Newcomer d3x Member

Norway
    I feel like the wrong end of a dog

2. Maktub

Member Maktub GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Spain
  3. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  4. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    This thread makes little sense.

5. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I dont think blogs are supposed to. thats why there is a blog section.

6. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    At all. It's abstract art. We don't get it, that's all.

Nah. Bortz, blogs have to make sense. For pointless threads we already have the EoF.

7. d3x
    OP

Newcomer d3x Member

Norway
    Lol, this was sadly just a test. Feeling like the wrong end of a dog I think is feeling like crap. Which do, cause I've been playing too much guitar hero on xbox [​IMG]

And blogs don't have to make sense, it's like the haiku of the web. It's random mess. At least, that's what it should be, people who think too much of themselves tend to fill their blogs with pretentious stuff about the meaning of life or bragging about whatever.

8. kevenka

Member kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    ...I think the people who write more about the meaning of life probably experience more of it maybe?
    -.-

9. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    That's a strawman. No one said that blogs should not be random. Randomness doesn't imply pointlessness, nor seriousness implies pretentiousness. On a side note, you could argue that people who don't think too much of themselves tend to fill their blogs with random messes, and it would have the same argumental value as what you said. But, whatever. You can post whatever you want in your GBATemp blog, but remember that for pointless threads we have the Edge of the Forum.

10. d3x
    OP

Newcomer d3x Member

Norway
    What's a strawman?

Senselessness does not imply pointlessness either. Just because something doesn't make sense doesn't mean it doesn't have some entertaining value.

What at first might seem pointless could in fact end up having many major points, just as something seemingly serious could turn out to be the opposite.

Either way. I was just playing with the Blog portion of GBA Temp, that could not be done at Edge of the Forum, so the senseless post made sense, to me, as it was to test Blogging functionality.

I would not necesserily think so, I should think those who experience the meaning of life would not spend their time writing about it, but rather be out there enjoying the meaning of life.

11. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Strawman:
    [​IMG]

but made of straws?

12. d3x
    OP

Newcomer d3x Member

Norway
    Ah well, this surely made my day, not.

Why would you move this to the Edge of Forum? Seriously? What's the point with a blog service if mods are gonna run around moving stuff to EoF on a whim if they feel stuff is not fit for a blog? Very rude!

It does say "will not be policed as long as you stay civil and within the general rules of the forum.." doesn't it?

Move this back please!

13. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    It got moved to the EOF because it isnt a blog, its EOF material.

[​IMG]

14. d3x
    OP

Newcomer d3x Member

Norway
    Seriously, it was posted to my blog through the blogging service. So that makes no sense at all. Who are you or anyone else to say what I post to my blog is or isn't? It's a personal blog, does anyone else get to decide what is fit for my personal blog or not? No, that's the whole point, any other point is mute.

15. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    It's a public forum. Go to Wordpress if you want a blog where you can post random crap.

16. d3x
    OP

Newcomer d3x Member

Norway
    It is a public forum yes, but when going to http://gbatemp.net/?act=module&module=blogs it surely says "Blog Service" does it not?

And the section on the forum says: "Blog Articles - Blogging service for your personal use; use it to talk, vent, and/or rant about whatever you wish! " does it not?

I probably won't use GBATemp for any serious blogging, seeing as I would have to be sure to meet the moderators unknown requirements as to what is considered a blogpost or personal or a rant or rave or venting. Where's the point of GBA Temp having a blogging service if you end up having posts moved to parts of the forum anyway? Meaningless in my humble opinion.

17. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Your talking like your freedom of speech has been infringed.

Thats not a blog, the moderators unknown requirements arent unknown, make even a semi serious blog about any subject and it wont be touched.

18. d3x
    OP

Newcomer d3x Member

Norway
    Indeed, that is not a blog, that is a blogPOST, which is what goes into a blog. Which should never have been moved from the blog to the Edge of the Forum.

19. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Cry more. Like I said, if you want to post random crap just go to Wordpress. GBAtemp doesn't give a shit about whatever random crap you want to say, and that's why it gets moved into the EoF.

I'm sure it wasn't just the moderator who moved it, I'm sure more than enough members had it flagged as spam.

20. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I wish we could flag certain members as spam.

Im looking at you DSTTMAN. [​IMG]