no.gif

d3x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Lol, this was sadly just a test. Feeling like the wrong end of a dog I think is feeling like crap. Which do, cause I've been playing too much guitar hero on xbox
frown.gif

And blogs don't have to make sense, it's like the haiku of the web. It's random mess. At least, that's what it should be, people who think too much of themselves tend to fill their blogs with pretentious stuff about the meaning of life or bragging about whatever.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
d3x said:
And blogs don't have to make sense, it's like the haiku of the web. It's random mess. At least, that's what it should be, people who think too much of themselves tend to fill their blogs with pretentious stuff about the meaning of life or bragging about whatever.

That's a strawman. No one said that blogs should not be random. Randomness doesn't imply pointlessness, nor seriousness implies pretentiousness. On a side note, you could argue that people who don't think too much of themselves tend to fill their blogs with random messes, and it would have the same argumental value as what you said. But, whatever. You can post whatever you want in your GBATemp blog, but remember that for pointless threads we have the Edge of the Forum.

d3x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What's a strawman?

Senselessness does not imply pointlessness either. Just because something doesn't make sense doesn't mean it doesn't have some entertaining value.

What at first might seem pointless could in fact end up having many major points, just as something seemingly serious could turn out to be the opposite.

Either way. I was just playing with the Blog portion of GBA Temp, that could not be done at Edge of the Forum, so the senseless post made sense, to me, as it was to test Blogging functionality.

kevenka said:
...I think the people who write more about the meaning of life probably experience more of it maybe?
-.-

I would not necesserily think so, I should think those who experience the meaning of life would not spend their time writing about it, but rather be out there enjoying the meaning of life.

d3x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ah well, this surely made my day, not.

Why would you move this to the Edge of Forum? Seriously? What's the point with a blog service if mods are gonna run around moving stuff to EoF on a whim if they feel stuff is not fit for a blog? Very rude!

It does say "will not be policed as long as you stay civil and within the general rules of the forum.." doesn't it?

Move this back please!

d3x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Seriously, it was posted to my blog through the blogging service. So that makes no sense at all. Who are you or anyone else to say what I post to my blog is or isn't? It's a personal blog, does anyone else get to decide what is fit for my personal blog or not? No, that's the whole point, any other point is mute.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
d3x said:
Seriously, it was posted to my blog through the blogging service. So that makes no sense at all. Who are you or anyone else to say what I post to my blog is or isn't? It's a personal blog, does anyone else get to decide what is fit for my personal blog or not? No, that's the whole point, any other point is mute.

It's a public forum. Go to Wordpress if you want a blog where you can post random crap.

d3x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Law said:
d3x said:

It's a public forum. Go to Wordpress if you want a blog where you can post random crap.

It is a public forum yes, but when going to http://gbatemp.net/?act=module&module=blogs it surely says "Blog Service" does it not?

And the section on the forum says: "Blog Articles - Blogging service for your personal use; use it to talk, vent, and/or rant about whatever you wish! " does it not?

I probably won't use GBATemp for any serious blogging, seeing as I would have to be sure to meet the moderators unknown requirements as to what is considered a blogpost or personal or a rant or rave or venting. Where's the point of GBA Temp having a blogging service if you end up having posts moved to parts of the forum anyway? Meaningless in my humble opinion.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Your talking like your freedom of speech has been infringed.

d3x said:
I feel like the wrong end of a dog

Thats not a blog, the moderators unknown requirements arent unknown, make even a semi serious blog about any subject and it wont be touched.

d3x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Indeed, that is not a blog, that is a blogPOST, which is what goes into a blog. Which should never have been moved from the blog to the Edge of the Forum.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
d3x said:
Indeed, that is not a blog, that is a blogPOST, which is what goes into a blog. Which should never have been moved from the blog to the Edge of the Forum.

Cry more. Like I said, if you want to post random crap just go to Wordpress. GBAtemp doesn't give a shit about whatever random crap you want to say, and that's why it gets moved into the EoF.

I'm sure it wasn't just the moderator who moved it, I'm sure more than enough members had it flagged as spam.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...