Hacking Can I backup my SD card and adventure trying to install new stuff?

CassioAug

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I bought a already hacked Switch with Atmosphere CFW and some games installed. I'm not sure how much I should trust the seller previous installation, but I also fear to edit something and brick the console (although I hacked my own 3DS and Wii suscessfully in the past).

Since the jig he gave me is really bad quality, I decided to enable AutoRCM with hekate immediatly, as soon I was able to properly boot in RCM mode (I failed once, which probably caused me to burn some efuses).

That said, I have four questions (the first 2 being the most important):

1) Can I backup my SD card, and remove every file in it and basically re-install everything as if I was doing a new homebrew / cfw installation? Or this could mess things up irreversibly?

2) The seller sent me the original Nand Backup, but it was only 2.9gb in size. Is it right? (I read it should have about 30gb)

3) Can I install multiple CFWs? Is it easy and safe to change it?

4) What are the essentials homebrews?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by CassioAug,

PHiLiPZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
1. It’s safe. If you can get to RCM and have a nand backup (or at least your keys) you can’t irreversibly brick your console.

2. If you backup a virgin console most of the 32gb is empty so very well compressible. Such a backup can be less than GB big. If in doubt make your own backup again before doing anything.

Reactions: CassioAug

CassioAug

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1. It’s safe. If you can get to RCM and have a nand backup (or at least your keys) you can’t irreversibly brick your console.

2. If you backup a virgin console most of the 32gb is empty so very well compressible. Such a backup can be less than GB big. If in doubt make your own backup again before doing anything.

How do I compress this backup? Through a 7zip or alike softwares? I will try and see how big will that be. Just in case, I did my own backup through Hekate.

3. Yes you can, do some research here on this forum;

4. Edizon, checkpoint, goldleaf/goldtree, amiiswap are some I use a lot.

Thanks! I will search about change / installing multiple CFWs.
About the homebrews, is there a point in owning both EdiZon and Checkpoint? I have just Checkpoint right now.

Reactions: MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
About the homebrews, is there a point in owning both EdiZon and Checkpoint? I have just Checkpoint right now.
If you´re considering use cheats EdiZon is the homebrew. But´s it´s only working on Atmosphére, but someone can confirm if I´m not wrong.
Don´t forget emuiibo/amiiswap! It´s great!

Reactions: CassioAug

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...