Hacking can I add cod subtitle in GEEXBOX ?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not really messed around with GEEXBOX but in all honesty right now it is probably easier to hardsub any videos you want to watch.
Subtitles and video is a fairly big mess on the PC let alone the early stage wii port, trying to find an Arabic encoding method/codepage that supports a decent amount of the glyphs (you get anything written in remotely "traditional" Arabic and it you are going to be seeing incorrect characters or ?? but you probably know more of this than I do).

Hardsubbing is a pain as it generally involves encoding the video again (if you are making from a DVD/lossless source you will generally have an easier time). Still from the release notes, if you want more on hardsubbing (virtualdub should be able to do it with a fast recompress and a textsub filter) say so:

Language and font: default to English. To change, edit GEEXBOX/settings and change the value of 'MENU_LANG' (for menu language) and 'SUB_CHARSET' (for subtitle language) accordingly. For some languages/charsets, for instance east Asian languages, you will have to provide necessary fonts for the settings to work. Consult GEEXBOX/etc/lang.conf for the correct font file name and make sure corresponding file is saved in GEEXBOX/usr/share/fonts. Alternatively, you can edit lang.conf to match the name of your font file. Please try not to use large size font files as they take up precious memory and affect playback quality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT