ROM Hack Translation Detective Pikachu Returns cutscene textmesh pro subtitles font location, help!

eviltrainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry for late response. Here is the .tex file I tried to mod for switch (already re-swizzling). Try it on your console to see if it work. I don't have that game so I'm unable to test.

Btw, may I know what is this tool?
Thank you! I'll test it right way!

Btw, may I know what is this tool?
It's just noesis 😅

Could you please tell me how did you re-swizzle the texture back to use? I really need to know that, after over a month of almost having losing my mind 🤣🤣🤣
Post automatically merged:

Ok, it didn't work :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? 🤔
Since no version of ArcTool can unpack/repack the Switch's arc files, I have to resort to Kuriimu2 to replace the contents of the arc files. This method works with the the gfd files that store all the text of the game, but it doesn't seem to work with the arc files. I tried replacing the vanilla yad_ID.tex with the one here and the texture simply didn't show up in-game.

What else could I try?

Last edited by eviltrainer,

whisky9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Could you please upload the switch arc file? I will try do it tomorrow. It's midnight at my place right now so I'm lazy to power on my PC.

Reactions: eviltrainer

eviltrainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could you please upload the switch arc file? I will try do it tomorrow. It's midnight at my place right now so I'm lazy to power on my PC.
Sure!

It's really frustrating how every tool I find for handling arc files simply won't work with its Switch counterpart of this file...

Attachments

• dead.arc.7z
    1 MB · Views: 4

eviltrainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I use Kuriimu2 just like you to unpack and repack arc with some Switch games and it work fine.
Umm, I see. So that's why it didn't work again :(

There must be an specific step that must be done to repack the arc file with some compatible tool. Because just editing the tex and replacing the vanilla one inside the arc file isn't doing the trick.

But thank you so much for taking your time to help me here! 😁😁
If you somehow find anything else on this matter, please let me know!

Reactions: whisky9

dgyst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Perhaps kuurimu does not save the header correctly. Try to open and save the texture without changing it. Then pack it up and check it out. If it doesn't start. Compare the hex files before kuurimu and after.

eviltrainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Perhaps kuurimu does not save the header correctly. Try to open and save the texture without changing it. Then pack it up and check it out. If it doesn't start. Compare the hex files before kuurimu and after.
Oh, that makes sense. According to my tests, when simply replacing the textures between the arc files (by simply using the extract function of kuriimu) the game starts normally but the textures simply won't show up on-screen. The thing is, I'm a complete noob when it comes to hex editing 🤣🤣

This is the the texture from PC:
1712081592357.png

And this is the one from Switch:
1712081638202.png

if you don't mind, can you please explain to me about this as if you're talking to a 5 year old? 🤣🤣

But yeah, I've been thinkng that I could solve this via hex editing but I couldn't find any good tutorial to messing around with this online.

dgyst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It is ok. I mean, you need to take the tex for the nintendo switch open in kurimu, then save it unchanged and compare them in hex. As an option, use Hexinator.

eviltrainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It is ok. I mean, you need to take the tex for the nintendo switch open in kurimu, then save it unchanged and compare them in hex. As an option, use Hexinator.
When you say "open the tex on kuriimu" you mean extract it from the arc? Because neither kuriimu 1 nor 2 can read a Switch tex. It says right away they're not compatible with the application. It also isn't recognized by kukki or the built-in raw image viewer within kuriimu 1.

whisky9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
When you say "open the tex on kuriimu" you mean extract it from the arc? Because neither kuriimu 1 nor 2 can read a Switch tex. It says right away they're not compatible with the application. It also isn't recognized by kukki or the built-in raw image viewer within kuriimu 1.
I think dgyst told you trying to extract the arc, do not modifying anything, then repack to arc. Copy that arc file to the game to see if it is crashed.

eviltrainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@dgyst and @whisky9 after following your hints here's the results!

This is the arc vanilla:
1712158437469.png

And this is the same arc after it was repacked with kuriimu2:
1712158495850.png

I did as you guys told: took the vanilla arc, opened in kuriimu2, extracted the tex and then took this same tex (unchanged) and repacked it into the arc. As we can see, the files DO have their binary data changed after the repack but by only doing this, the texture works just fine.

But when we inject the edited tex, the texture simply won't load (you can see in the video how the "You Are Dead" text doesn't show up when we die).

dgyst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well, can you attach the original, saved original to kuurimu and modified?

As well as the original switch texture and the modified one?

eviltrainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, can you attach the original, saved original to kuurimu and modified?

As well as the original switch texture and the modified one?
Sure! There you go!

Attachments

• ARC_repacked.7z
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • ARC_vanilla.7z
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • Edited Tex file from PC + edited DDS and PNG from it.7z
    121 KB · Views: 4
  • Tex file Vanilla + extracted DDS and PNG from it.7z
    247.9 KB · Views: 5

eviltrainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Additionally, this is the ready to use and already edited arc file from the PC version of the game: ARC_PC.7z

Thanks, I'll see what time it is.
Thank you again for your time!

Also, when extracting some of the textures, it has this strange green tint on all of them. Dunno if this has something to do with all the issues we're seeing...
cos_05_ID_HQ.png
title_bh_ID_HQ.png

Attachments

• ARC_PC.7z
    613.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by eviltrainer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning