Misc can find wifi open but cannot associate with DS Lite

clownz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to connect to wifi networks with my DS Lite for a while now. For example, I go to open wifi locations like fast food, coffee shops, etc and airscan will tell me the networks are open. Whenever I try to connect using DS Organize for IRC or web browsing, I get could not associate. I am just wondering if the signal is not strong enough for my DS or if my wifi is broken on my DS.

I hate to admit it, but my DS Lite has been dropped quite a few times, but I would imagine if it was broken it wouldn't even be able to see open networks on scanning.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Most of the wifi networks that are open at these places I have been getting like no higher than 30% with airscan and in DS Organize it will show them with 2 bars at the most so far.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
It's very possible they're just not configured to suit the DS, or that they're simply incompatible with the DS. A lot of people have to jump through hoops just to get wifi working at home, particularly in homebrew. Since you (probably, unless whoever's providing them is a moron) don't have access to the routers' settings, you might just be out of luck and have to try finding wifi elsewhere. First off you should try associating with a commercial title (e.g. Mario Kart), and if that works, then that's probably the best you'll get. If it doesn't work, and you can't manage to connect anywhere, using anything, it's certainly possible that something might have gone wrong with your DS's wifi hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-