Hacking Can anyone help a new guy with some Bootmii questions?

Wetmonday

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I'm newish to Wii soft-modding and was wondering if you could please answer me some questions.

I used a copy of Modmii to create a SD card to hack my Wii, I installed the Homebrew Channel and then as it said I could install Bootmii as Boot2 I did so. I then was unsure whether I needed to also run the Bootmii as IOS and so I exited. When I restarted I found myself at the screen where you can make a backup of the NAND files which I then chose to do and that is where I have left it!

My questions are:

Do I need to install Bootmii as IOS as well as Boot2?

Have I screwed up or can I pick up the Modmii sequence from here?

Will I always have the Bootmii screen come up at the beginning of using the Wii from now on?

thglara

Trophies
Website
www.diariodajudite.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Do I need to install Bootmii as IOS as well as Boot2?
If you can, install it. Thiswill prevent your Wii to Brick.

Will I always have the Bootmii screen come up at the beginning of using the Wii from now on?

You can use the bootmii switch (HBC) or rename bootmii dir in your SD to someone else.

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to have bootmii installed as ios. That's only for if you want to launch bootmii via priiloader which is not recommended. Also, you can just rename the bootmii folder on your sd card to bootmiiold for it to stop launching when you turn on your wii. If, you need to use bootmii again, you can just rename it bootmii again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night