Can a recording of an online game be taken down from social media for privacy concerns?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
with all the recent european laws about the websites and such.. i wanted to ask,
If i record a match in an online game and after embarrassingly annihilate the other team, and post the link for my channel in the end, making people realize they where being recorded without their concern.. (they get mad and say it is unfair and etc)
can a player complain to the twitch about he was not aware that he was being recorded and ask twitch to take down that video?

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know, but really, it shouldn't be about the law. It should be about respecting your peers' wishes.

If somebody who's in it asks you to take it down or censor them out, don't be a dick and just do it. Don't have to wait for the law to interfere.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They can ask twitch, and twitch might do it. Might not. Legally i doubt there's been anything like this brought up so fact of the matter is nobody knows. Two arguments could be made for allowing it. Character isn't person. So even if the person has privacy their character does not. (If it includes voice chat that's a different story) And if it's a public random game then it should be considered the same as a recording on the middle of the street.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30