Can a Clean Switch be Banned if i transfer a pokemon from my Banned Switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by LucioDragon, Oct 9, 2019.

1. LucioDragon
    OP

LucioDragon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    Chile
    with the upcoming pokemon sword shield game, my friends around will play, and me too, but i will play it on my banned switch, and well obviously we will share pokemon, the thing is, if they can get banned for interacting with a banned/hacked switch, as i'm afraid to cause any trouble to them

2. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

GBAtemp Patron
    x65943 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    You will be completely fine

If it becomes possible to gen pokemon, don't do it - other than that go wild

3. Light_Strategist

Light_Strategist Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    It pretty much is already. With applications like JKSV already there, all that'd really be the defining problem is updating the applications that let users gen their Pokémon like PkHex.

Heck, you could use some applications from 3DS Homebrew to make it so that you could have Galarian forms before you even have a copy of the game, assuming the basic structure of the Pokémon and their forms are handled the same way as in past generations.

I'm not gonna say to go out of your way to do it (unless it's something you wanna keep to yourself, then by all means, I understand) but as it stands, it's pretty easy based on existing tools and apps.

4. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

GBAtemp Patron
    x65943 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    What, the new games aren't even out yet.

Will it be done, yes. Is it possible before the game even launches - of course not.

We have to figure out the save structure first.

5. Light_Strategist

Light_Strategist Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    I was mostly referring to using older games form data. Hence why I never said anything about outright new Pokémon and only mentioned the forms.

When I was bored a while back I tinkered around with shifting forms of Pokémon that normally can't on the 3DS games.
    I set a Geodude I had in Omega Ruby to have its form data altered and it showed up as an Alolan Geodude in Moon.

But as I said earlier, that's an assumption based on if things are kept to be similar to how they have been before.

It's purely hypothetical, though I should've flat-out stated that earlier.

6. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    maybe a game cert ban (meaning no online functions in game, even on other switches) unless nintendo are really being d*cks all i can say is keep your nose clean until Kazo and Kap test things to see what sort of ban if any nintendo will impliment on gen 8 hacking best thing you can do is minimal hacking on the banned console (EV/IV items rare candies and only use legit mon (trade them over to banned one beef them up with steraro- er vitaminsand trade them back ASSUMING they don't use the same shit they used in smm2 (need to connect online to do local stuff) or even worse MK11

7. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Who are they?

8. LucioDragon
    OP

LucioDragon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    Chile
    people who runs the pokemon homebrew

and no, i'm not even aware for any pokemon generator for switch

althought a friend of mine will buy the sword version and i will play the shield version on my modded switch so yeah eventually i was going to help her, but i dont wanna cause her a ban if there is a risk on that

9. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    pkhex works on let's go already so pretty sure gen 8 will be implimented

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted