Hacking Can a Clean Switch be Banned if i transfer a pokemon from my Banned Switch?

LucioDragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
with the upcoming pokemon sword shield game, my friends around will play, and me too, but i will play it on my banned switch, and well obviously we will share pokemon, the thing is, if they can get banned for interacting with a banned/hacked switch, as i'm afraid to cause any trouble to them

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will be completely fine

If it becomes possible to gen pokemon, don't do it - other than that go wild

Light_Strategist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it becomes possible to gen pokemon, don't do it - other than that go wild

It pretty much is already. With applications like JKSV already there, all that'd really be the defining problem is updating the applications that let users gen their Pokémon like PkHex.

Heck, you could use some applications from 3DS Homebrew to make it so that you could have Galarian forms before you even have a copy of the game, assuming the basic structure of the Pokémon and their forms are handled the same way as in past generations.

I'm not gonna say to go out of your way to do it (unless it's something you wanna keep to yourself, then by all means, I understand) but as it stands, it's pretty easy based on existing tools and apps.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It pretty much is already. With applications like JKSV already there, all that'd really be the defining problem is updating the applications that let users gen their Pokémon like PkHex.

Heck, you could use some applications from 3DS Homebrew to make it so that you could have Galarian forms before you even have a copy of the game, assuming the basic structure of the Pokémon and their forms are handled the same way as in past generations.

I'm not gonna say to go out of your way to do it (unless it's something you wanna keep to yourself, then by all means, I understand) but as it stands, it's pretty easy based on existing tools and apps.
What, the new games aren't even out yet.

Will it be done, yes. Is it possible before the game even launches - of course not.

We have to figure out the save structure first.

Light_Strategist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was mostly referring to using older games form data. Hence why I never said anything about outright new Pokémon and only mentioned the forms.

When I was bored a while back I tinkered around with shifting forms of Pokémon that normally can't on the 3DS games.
I set a Geodude I had in Omega Ruby to have its form data altered and it showed up as an Alolan Geodude in Moon.

But as I said earlier, that's an assumption based on if things are kept to be similar to how they have been before.

It's purely hypothetical, though I should've flat-out stated that earlier.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe a game cert ban (meaning no online functions in game, even on other switches) unless nintendo are really being d*cks all i can say is keep your nose clean until Kazo and Kap test things to see what sort of ban if any nintendo will impliment on gen 8 hacking best thing you can do is minimal hacking on the banned console (EV/IV items rare candies and only use legit mon (trade them over to banned one beef them up with steraro- er vitaminsand trade them back ASSUMING they don't use the same shit they used in smm2 (need to connect online to do local stuff) or even worse MK11

LucioDragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Who are they?

people who runs the pokemon homebrew

and no, i'm not even aware for any pokemon generator for switch

althought a friend of mine will buy the sword version and i will play the shield version on my modded switch so yeah eventually i was going to help her, but i dont wanna cause her a ban if there is a risk on that

SonDaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If someone trades you a genned mon in SwSh you're fine, right? I kinda hope it's possible. If they pass the 'legit' test, the game can't know... I wanna do my run with all three starters with decent natures.

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my experience if the pokémon is legit (no moves it can't learn, caught at a correct location, ability is one it could have, etc.) you'll have no issue trading online or risk ban in let's go. I've traded clones no problem from a banned modded to my legit online locally.

If the pokémon is illegit (knows moves it shouldn't, caught in a game it can't be, etc.) personally, I would keep it offline. In SUMO it wouldn't allow you to trade it at all, but would not ban you for having it. I dunno about switch, probably the same.

Last edited by eskinner3742,

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I'll get my Charmander after all :lol:

If I can do this AND drop some bells and goodies from my other Switch in Animal Crossing I'll be really happy!

SonDaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
In my experience if the pokémon is legit (no moves it can't learn, caught at a correct location, ability is one it could have, etc.) you'll have no issue trading online or risk ban in let's go. I've traded clones no problem from a banned modded to my legit online locally.

If the pokémon is illegit (knows moves it shouldn't, caught in a game it can't be, etc.) personally, I would keep it offline. In SUMO it wouldn't allow you to trade it at all, but would not ban you for having it. I dunno about switch, probably the same.

Think so too. Hope someone comes up with a way to gen them early in live cycle of the game, so I can do my run with all three starters :D

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it be done, yes. Is it possible before the game even launches - of course not.

Didn't Sun/Moon have support for genning before/just as the games officially launched? I have a feeling if Sword/Shield get leaked, the same will happen for these games.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Sun/Moon have support for genning before/just as the games officially launched? I have a feeling if Sword/Shield get leaked, the same will happen for these games.

Bottom line someone needs to have the game in hand to make a tool to gen pokemon. The format is not going to be 100% the same.

SonDaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Bottom line someone needs to have the game in hand to make a tool to gen pokemon. The format is not going to be 100% the same.

Right, but after a few days, it could've been done. Let's home some nice genners out there offer some service!

D

Deleted User

I have a question, If I use an emulator on my pc and transfer those pokemon to my Nintendo or i guess we could call it Pokemon Bank or home. will I get banned?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended