Hacking c IOS...

Oisterboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had a modded Wii for ages...I mean, pretty much since the Twilight exploit was available, I have had a softmodded Wii.

I understand everything, for the most part. I have a giant library of games now.

I never update my c IOS until I notice a game won't run. Then, I come here and read about wtf is wrong, and usually end up finding out its a problem with that. I have only bothered doing it with a few games...because I'm not sure what the hell it is I'm doing.

What are the differences between different peoples c IOS'? Is there a certain release I should be waiting for, and always installing?

What exactly IS it? I know people say to "use empty ones"...but, how do I know? Does it say when I'm installing them somewhere? I mean, if I have already installed some, can I screw up by writing over them with another?

If someone could explain it in idiots terms, I'd really, really appreciate it.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cIOS is custom IOS. it is a copy of a official IOS but it has added stuff in it to be able to do different things (read DVDr and USB 2.0, etc). but you would be stupid to install it in place of the official IOS, so it is put in a different slot. 249, 250, 202, 222, 223 are popular. if you installed the latest cIOS before this year, you wont have any USB loading shit in it. there is not really a need to uninstall one unless you are just trying to clean up your wii. installing a different one overwrites whatever is already in the slot you are trying to use. so you can only have 1 version of 249.

Oisterboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! That really answered most of my questions in one post lol.

The only other question I have, is what are the differences between different releases? As in, how do I know which IOS I will need to play the newest games? Is there a specific release I should keep an eye out for?

Thanks again!

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
249 and 222 can be used to play most games from dvdr and usb if you are using a decent loader and the right settings. 249 is currently at rev14 and 222 is at rev4. you cant use any nand emu app unless you have sneek or ios249 rev 14. just find one of the 50000 guides floating abound for links and troubleshooting.

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sorta in the same boat as Oisterboy. I get most things that are discussed here, but the cIOS have always confused me. Is there a way to find out what cIOS and even IOS that are currently installed on your Wii?

I think I know the answer to this, but I have cIOS38 rev 14...is that the same as 249 rev 14?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
spritefreak said:
I am sorta in the same boat as Oisterboy. I get most things that are discussed here, but the cIOS have always confused me. Is there a way to find out what cIOS and even IOS that are currently installed on your Wii?

I think I know the answer to this, but I have cIOS38 rev 14...is that the same as 249 rev 14?

1. Use sysCheck, signCheck, IOSCheck or Title Lister. The first two will create a *.csv file on the SD root, with the list of IOS that your console has.
2. Yep. When someone talks about an "IOS 249", is reffering to the Waninkoko's cIOS, as it installs itself on the slot 249,
tongue.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I installed cIOS_r14 (wich installs in slot 250 and 249), then thru .wad file the cIOS_r9 (slot 249), and then Hermes's cIOS...both (slots 222 and 223), so I have:

IOS250 = Wanin's cIOS_r14
IOS249 = Wanin's cIOS_r9
IOS223 = Hermes's 38 merged with 37 rev4
IOS222 = Hermes's normal rev4

nost games run with IOS249, some require IOS250 (don't really know the reason, but mostly JAP games), all the GuitarHero and RockBand require the IOS223 obligatory (also CoD: MW) and the IOS222 I have never used it...!!
smile.gif

Oisterboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I just had a bad ISO, because I still can't get damn Lego Rockband to run rofl.

BTW, I installed 222, how do I get NeoGamma to use 222 instead of 249?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
I installed cIOS_r14 (wich installs in slot 250 and 249), then thru .wad file the cIOS_r9 (slot 249), and then Hermes's cIOS...both (slots 222 and 223), so I have:

IOS250 = Wanin's cIOS_r14
IOS249 = Wanin's cIOS_r9
IOS223 = Hermes's 38 merged with 37 rev4
IOS222 = Hermes's normal rev4

nost games run with IOS249, some require IOS250 (don't really know the reason, but mostly JAP games), all the GuitarHero and RockBand require the IOS223 obligatory (also CoD: MW) and the IOS222 I have never used it...!!
smile.gif

So if I am playing CoD: MW Reflux, does that mean that I have IOS222? And what does Hermes's 38 merged with 37 rev 4 do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
  • Spider2190 @ Spider2190:
    Heya
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Spider2190, hi