Bypassed 300 icon limits

Riot20052

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fucking apr 2023 when getting bypassed 300 icon limits for new 3ds xl. 3ds bank is not good enough been more 13 years since 3ds come out time found chaged icon limits.

• Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

Riot20052

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that has nothing to do with the 300 icons limit. Even though it is true 32kb boot slower than 64kb cluster.
Saying in order remove 300 icon limits need chaged firmware which has done yet and even was done properly set only 500 to 700 so 3ds so does not take minutes to boot up

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saying in order remove 300 icon limits need chaged firmware which has done yet and even was done properly set only 500 to 700 so 3ds so does not take minutes to boot up

There is really no point of that, I think I only have like 100 ish title installed on mine. Besides Nintendo firmware are closed source, so there is no way around the official 300 title limit beside 3ds bank.

Riot20052

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is really no point of that, I think I only have like 100 ish title installed on mine. Besides Nintendo firmware are closed source, so there is no way around the official 300 title limit beside 3ds bank.
Probably possible just really hard to do. And no try it because not worth now much work needed for small thing like this.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably possible just really hard to do. And no try it because not worth now much work needed for small thing like this.

Not unless you get nintendo firmware source code, nintendo is close source, so there is nothing you can do about the 300 icons limit without 3ds bank.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you bought that many titles you should have contacted Nintendo while the 3DS was in active support. Then you could have told them that you ran into trouble for buying so much stuff… and ask them why they imposed limits on those who gave them the most money.

For the most part this limit isn't really problematic. I guess few people bought that much (and fewer will actively play so many games).

Reactions: Blythe93

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not unless you get nintendo firmware source code, nintendo is close source, so there is nothing you can do about the 300 icons limit without 3ds bank.
Since when has that stopped anyone from making mods or patches? If that was a valid concern Homebrew and hacking probably wouldn't exist.

Reactions: Levine91

Riot20052

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when has that stopped anyone from making mods or patches? If that was a valid concern Homebrew and hacking probably wouldn't exist.
Trying say possible remove 300 icon limits likely not been done because work needed much more homebrew dev welling go trough probably only increase limits to 500 or 700 icon to make sure 3ds run properly.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Trying say possible remove 300 icon limits likely not been done because work needed much more homebrew dev welling go trough probably only increase limits to 500 or 700 icon to make sure 3ds run properly.
Work is needed, that's just life. I never said it was easy I said it was possible you could also just try setting the Limit to something arbitrarily high like 25000. No one will ever reach that due to how many apps would be required and the fact that they would be limited by Flash memory size restrictions and MBR partition limits (you can never have more than 2TB on a 3DS since MBR partitions are limited to that size).

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I didn't said it stop anyone from making homebrew, that why 3ds bank exist. Remember that OP want to bypass the limit on 300 icons limit without homebrew like 3ds bank.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iirc, if it's anything like the wiiu, there's only enough physical slots in the software for 300 apps. To use more would require reverse engineering and redesigning the os. Who's going to do that!?

Reactions: Blythe93

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think that we cant get more than 300 titles. But a way to bypass this limit would be to have a large storage and several emunand. I guess that is possible and the only actual way because all emunand will get separated folders and games will not be installed together.
I know that have an/severales emunand can be annoying today. But it probably the better way

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Iirc, if it's anything like the wiiu, there's only enough physical slots in the software for 300 apps. To use more would require reverse engineering and redesigning the os. Who's going to do that!?
The limit is 300 including apps inside of folders so it seems to be a check, not like with the Wii where there are slots on the Menu that get full. otherwise you could make folders to store games in.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The limit is 300 including apps inside of folders so it seems to be a check, not like with the Wii where there are slots on the Menu that get full. otherwise you could make folders to store games in.
it's not the number of available spots on the home menu. the wiiu at least has a specific file that is only large enough to hold 300 items. that's why it's not as simple as just patching it out.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
it's not the number of available spots on the home menu. the wiiu at least has a specific file that is only large enough to hold 300 items. that's why it's not as simple as just patching it out.
I see, I assume the system menu crashes if any attempt is made to increase the size of said file?

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, I assume the system menu crashes if any attempt is made to increase the size of said file?
I don't know. that's how it works on the wiiu which also has the same limit. I remember several devs explaining why it's so difficult to do on the wiiu. that was the reason given. I suspect the 3ds is similar. you can technically install more, but the limit will not allow more to display as you know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto