Buying WiiU - Places to get 5.3.2 or lower wiiu for ~$200?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Aeturnus, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Aeturnus
    OP

Aeturnus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2015
    United States
    As the title says, I'm looking to get a WiiU now that I am finally able to (the recent hacks, plus a cell phone my sister is willing to trade $200 for are making this possible). So, now I just have the debacle of finding a WiiU. I was tempted to order a Nintendo refurbished unit, but I assume good ole Ninty though to update them but I would love to be proven wrong. Ifnot there, any other places with sales? While I would prefer a black "Deluxe" WiiU, any will suffice, no games needed as I can mooch from my nephew and other sister.

2. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    Last edited by EmceeKerser, Oct 20, 2015
  3. mariosonicds

mariosonicds GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2009
    United States
    Do you have a Wii U already, then get a console on eBay that is new is a possibility...

4. Aeturnus
    OP

Aeturnus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2015
    United States
    Well already been through that having spoofed my nephews WiiU. I just didn't know if there was any go to place for cheap WiiUs, or if people have had luck with Nintendo refurbished.

5. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    All refurbed consoles are updated to the most recent firmware.
    Your best bet would be ebay, or something like craiglists. Although at a glance, theres nothing below $200 on ebay

6. Aeturnus
    OP

Aeturnus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2015
    United States
    Figured as much. And local craigslist has a couple $150 wiius, but they are scams that says its sold but I can get them cheap at so&so penny auction . Guess I better hoard some more money