Hacking Buying locally in the Philippines...

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know EXACTLY how you feel dude.

Anyway, you can get an EDGE almost at every gaming store nowadays (Avast, Gameline, TV Games, so many others in an SM near you). It's sorta like the "mainstream" flashcart available around the Philippines, and people are already even selling it in bundles with MicroSDs. I got mine on its own for P1500, cheaper than the P2000 ones I find everywhere. But I heard you can get it at even less at Greenhills (why of course) but it's pretty far from where I am.

I also found the DSTT lying around exclusively in TV Games (I think you can only find that store in SM's, I got mine from SM Megamall). Cost me P1500, but with flashcarts other than EDGE and R4 clones in the Philippines, it was well worth it.

Another one; I have the original R4. In other words, the one that's completely safe XD
Formerly the mainstream cart (replaced by EDGE as I said) I got it for P2000 when EDGE didn't even exist yet and that was in TriNoma. But, don't bother getting an R4 since they're all probably clones and could damage your MicroSD/DS if you're not careful...

Recently also I saw just one shop in TriNoma selling...I'm not familiar with this one...Acekard2i at a price way above P2000. That's for if you happen to have a DSi, but if you do have a DSi you should do some more research on whether it would work o_o

Finally, there are some old MK2's lying around at some shops like TV Games and Circuit City, but no, an old outdated Slot-2 flashcart like that will not do you any good, trust me on that. XD

Conclusion: I personally think you'd be best off buying an EDGE. I'm telling you, as the current popular flashcart of the Philippines you could find them almost everywhere in any mall.

Good luck finding the cheapest one you can get, you'll need it. =)

blackfira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
s1.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! Would you also happen to know how much a MicroSD 8 gb costs??? Yeah.., I don't really get out much.

Thanks again!!!!

Sorry can I ask another question??? Where can I find the cheapest DS lite and what are the prices??? And also are there different colors besides the black, silver, etc...?

moodswinger

Trophies
XP
Country
Try looking at this site: rocksoftonline.com
I have already bought from them a couple of times and they're trustworthy.

blackfira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
s1.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! Would you also happen to know how much a MicroSD 8 gb costs??? Yeah.., I don't really get out much.

Thanks again!!!!

Sorry can I ask another question??? Where can I find the cheapest DS lite and what are the prices??? And also are there different colors besides the black, silver, etc...?

Bumpity bump

Amici

ex trey, city skull, am I are?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I bought Cyclo from a second-hand seller who apparently got it from rocksoftonline.com. I got it, together with my DS Lite with a Capdase case and an 8gb and 4gb, for a total of 8 thousand. Been one of my best purchases ever, and they've been with me since October 08. If you don't mind buying second-hand, try tipidpc.com. Just be careful and be vigilant about sellers, and you'll be fine
smile.gif

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
8GB are worth PHP 1,200. only 4GB are available in CD-R King.

Go to www.rocksoftonline.com and order yours. they're safe and reliable. you pay Php50 in Bank deposit (I used BDO). get the Acekard 2.1 as it has free shipping or go to their small condo in Benavidez St. in Sta. Cruz

You can go to VMall Greenhills for easy transaction if you live in Manila. I lived in Dagupan and can go to Manila but I ordered online.

Regards,
Chris

DS Lite are no more than PHP 6,500. In rocksoft, it's 7k to 7.5k. get the DSTT bundle for Php7,800. buy a screen protector as they offer fake ones. I tried it. They gav me a free one.

Their 'shop' is no more than a small family condo. lol. I visited them twice. bring an ID, too for the guard

blackfira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
s1.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
Thank you so much. I'll be able to save a lot of needed money now.

EDIT:

Is it any good to buy in the cyberzone in megamall??? I went to the toy kingdom in SM makati (had no choice lol) and I saw that the DS lites cost 8800 pesos (whoa), and the EDGE cost 1500...

I went
ohmy.gif

bumpity bump

Amici

ex trey, city skull, am I are?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Greenhills should be the place to go for everything bro. Schedule a trip there just once to buy everything you need, and you'll still save a lot more than buying from rip-off shops like Toy Kingdom, etc. I live in the province so I don't get to go there too, but one trip should be all you need (though if you're REALLY far away, I guess you have no choice but to go rocksoftonline.com. I vouch for them too
smile.gif
)

blackfira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
s1.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
I live in metro manila so I have no problem, but I'm on a really tight budget so I need to save as much money as possible
smile.gif

Is greenhills safe? Because there is many second hands there.. etc.

I'm debating whether to go there or to sm megamall on saturday when I make my purchases
smile.gif

kikoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
there are many shops in greenhills that are trustworthy.. specifically in virramall.. let me name a few:
mr dynamic telecoms
celtex (this is in theatermall)
virtual station
gamextreme

i'm a frequent buyer in those shops and i never encountered any problem with all the items i purchased so far.. and also, i was able to purchase an 8GB Ridata Micro SDHC Class 6 at CDR-King for only 800php.. works like a charm..

and also a friendly advice, never buy from toy kingdom unless you are really desperate..

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Please Blacklist Toy Kingdom in your list. Go to Greenhills and look for the mentioned shops by kikoexe. If you live faraway in the Philippines, visit rocksoftonline.com. Maasahan sila doon (they're trustworthy) I got my DS Lite case replaced but be warn as they will never return the things that cover the screws of the DS Lite. Dont accept the screen protectors as they're fake. Even if it's free.

Buy EDGE from Rocksoftonline as it's cheaper. I recommend Acekard 2.1 na lang.

Greenhills or rocksoft, it's your choice.

Rocksoft online is located near the christian school in Benavidez street. Email them for more support.

Datablitz are ok but im not sure about the price of the DS Lite.

Regards,
Chris

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
moodswinger said:
Malls usually have higher prices due the place they have to rent. If your really short on budget, online shopping or Greenhills is the way to go.

This online shop sells DSlites for PhP 6500: http://ebuystore.com.ph/products.php?cat_id=3&sub=0

Holy crap!! that's too cheap!!
I bought mine for SAR 1150 (PHP 14600), that's almost triple the price
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter