Hacking Buying a WiiU finally, Firmware questions.

Joe N Tendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So are any of the WiiU sets in the wild already updated to the latest firmware or do they require a manual update which I will be buying.

And is there downgrade methods or are they expected to find any?

Ropy's

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For the first question, I don't have an answer (I have an idea but I can have a false answer).

For the second, you need to buy a game with the 5.3.2 because you can't make the update online (or this upgrade was 5.5) and you couldn't downgrade after this.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So are any of the WiiU sets in the wild already updated to the latest firmware or do they require a manual update which I will be buying.

For the first question, I'm not sure. I think most Wii Us in the wild are still on 5.3.2 or below, but recent bundles are likely on higher firmware.

There's a promised kernel exploit for both 5.4.0 and 5.5.0 which will be released once the team is ready to. Which won't necessarily make downgrading possible, but you won't need to.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

From what I've seen, it looks like a lot of the digital bundles are 5.4.0 now (no released exploit/hacks yet), but the bundles with physical discs seem to be fine for now (under 5.3.2. You'd then need to purchase Splatoon or Mario Party 10 to get to 5.3.2). Try one of the older bundles with the physical discs to be on the safer side.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

Ropy's

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To be on its purchase , it seems clear that all the old pack with games are good (<5.3) ... ( zelda, mario kart ... )

D

Deleted-355425

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1