Buy DS Lite or wait for DSi?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by jellyman223, Mar 18, 2009.

Mar 18, 2009
  1. jellyman223
    OP

Newcomer jellyman223 Member

United States
    My DS Lite recently broke because I kinda dropped it in a pool...yea I know i'ma idiot [​IMG]

So I was wondering if I should just buy a new DS Lite now or just wait for the DSi to come out and just buy that instead. Thankfully all my R4's files were backed up so I can just buy a new flashcart. So what do you guys recommend?

2. N-TG

Member N-TG GBAtemp Fan

Greece
    Well DS price I thing they will go down when the DSi comes out...
    Also the prices of flahscarts dropped a lot...

I would suggest you a DS because it's too soon for a DSi...wait for games that are only for DSi (probably they will only be weird and stupid ones...) and I don't thing good DSi flashcarts exist yet...

3. Agent007

Member Agent007 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Lol I object that, Acekard 2i is one of THE best DSi flashcarts in the market right now, but you're right about one thing, it might not support the English DSi. Oh btw, only if a store took in big stocks of DS lites, they're going to probably pull them off the shelves as soon as DSi comes out (thats what happened to the original DS and DS lites)

4. Radiopools

Newcomer Radiopools Advanced Member

United States
    I was reading over on the Amazon.com forums, the general consensus is that the DS Lite is a safe purchase for awhile, as there is no dire need to go from a DS Lite to a DSi. The Download Center apparently has a bunch of really weak releases in Japan.