Gaming Buy a Tri-Wing Screw Driver in Chicago, Illinois USA

Arch Feline

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally soldered my Wasabi to the Wii-Clip for the D2Ckey and was opening up the Wii and the Triwing bits - 4 of them - were all too big and the screw driver that I used to change the battery on my GBA SP could not be found.

I cannot believe - primal scream here - that a city the size of Chicago does not a a 5mm Tri-wing screw driver for sale.

I would not be in such a hurry but I want to see if my solders are solid and that I did not melt any contact points.

Arch Feline

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am rushing to the phone now. Thank you.

Unless there is another item that I did not see a torx screw has 6 points.

Arch Feline

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo uses tri-wing screws on the GBA, DS and Wii.

I gave up on finding a tri-wing locally and ordered from 2 places. Tri-wings are cheap. The Gp2xstore had a good price. I ordered 2 and paid for first class shipping = $7.49. A bonus over and above getting them today is that they are magnetic.

This dratted Wii has screws with a plus shape that are slotted and the barrels are of varying diameters. To screw them back in you need to match the correct screw. Only one face had screws that are phillips.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They made them triwing intentionally so that only equipped techs had any chance of doing maintenance.

I'm a professional modeller, and even with 20 years worth of precision tools only a triwing is going to move a triwing screw.

But they can be purchased online, so if you insist on opening Nintendo products, you might just as well buy a triwing screw driver.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol