Buy A PC And Get A Free 360

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you’re an American student looking to buy a new Windows 7 PC, then you’re in luck; if you spend over $699 then you’ll be entitled to a brand new Xbox 360 courtesy of Microsoft.

Any manufacturer will do as long as you’re shopping at a participating retailer, but Microsoft have their own recommendations. You will also have to provide evidence that you are indeed a student with a .edu email address or a student ID if you’re going out to the high street.

Whether this will cause a noticeable jump in sales or not is yet to be seen, but Microsoft does seem to be pushing the 360 while the PS3 has been attracting a lot of bad press as of late. It’s no surprise though, really; the latest software update will see PayPal options being added which Microsoft will tout as adding “extra layers of security.”

The offer begins on the 22nd May just in time for the summer examinations and the model you’ll get is a 4GB Slim model released last year. Not a bad deal if you ask me, and it should be coming to Canada and France in due course- where’s the love for us British, Microsoft?[/p]
Source

Not bad, but $699 still is a pretty expensive PC- I don't think people will be running to stores tomorrow morning to get their PC's and 360's!

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
$699....puh-leeez I have better things to do. Well it's not like the offer is for me anyways
tongue.gif

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the offer in the mail and I'm not even a student. It also says you can pay an additional 85 bucks to dell at online check out to upgrade to the 250gb model Slim. It does say for select gold members only, So maybe it's a separate offer.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My desktop that I built cost 1200 last year, still will destroy any 699 pre-built piece of shit out there even if it has similar hardware specs. Pre-built computers suck, end of story.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i think they're targeting laptop buyers here, not desktop...

also, in australia $699 is average price for a lappy...

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can get a 360 pre-owned for roughly $130 at GameStop, why would I pay an additional $700?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
My desktop that I built cost 1200 last year, still will destroy any 699 pre-built piece of shit out there even if it has similar hardware specs.What do you mean?

Could you give some examples?

DSGamer64 said:
Pre-built computers suck, end of story.Awful lot of bias you have there. Not everything's Dell/HP/Compaq/Acer, you know.
tongue.gif

EDIT: QUOTE(m3rox @ May 21 2011, 09:31 PM)
I can get a 360 pre-owned for roughly $130 at GameStop, why would I pay an additional $700?
For a computer.

Since this offer is for people who are going to buy a new computer.

This happens at least once every day. Amazing, right?

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say spending at least $699 on a computer is a fair starting point to receive a free brand new 360. Most decent computers are around that price anyway and you get the bonus of receiving a brand new Xbox 360.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't a bad deal. I'm going to be needing a Laptop for college soon and I plan on spending over $699 anyway.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this isnt meant for you to go buy a laptop, its meant for people who are going to buy one anyway.

its like a combo deal at mcdonalds. since you are going to buy a sandwich, fries and drink, you get a price break. if you are not hungry you don't stop in.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
DSGamer64 said:
My desktop that I built cost 1200 last year, still will destroy any 699 pre-built piece of shit out there even if it has similar hardware specs.What do you mean?

Could you give some examples?

DSGamer64 said:
Pre-built computers suck, end of story.Awful lot of bias you have there. Not everything's Dell/HP/Compaq/Acer, you know.
tongue.gif

EDIT: QUOTE(m3rox @ May 21 2011, 09:31 PM)
For a computer.

Since this offer is for people who are going to buy a new computer.

This happens at least once every day. Amazing, right?

Too many things bog down the operating system, they use low grade components in order to save you money and even if it had twice as much memory, a lot of store bought pre-builts are still running DDR2, only the more expensive computers are using DDR3 despite the fact that the stuff is cheap.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Too many things bog down the operating system,Not true for all models, and things can be uninstalled. Not everything that's added is bad as well, prebuilts tend to have flash and adobe reader and other such tools preinstalled.

DSGamer64 said:
they use low grade components in order to save you moneyOnly if you're shopping the cheap shit. There's a reason Dell XPS machine have almost the same specs as some Inspirons, but are more expensive.

QUOTE(DSGamer64 @ May 22 2011, 10:06 PM)
and even if it had twice as much memory, a lot of store bought pre-builts are still running DDR2, only the more expensive computers are using DDR3 despite the fact that the stuff is cheap.
Newegg lists 35 machines with DDR2, and 400 with DDR3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay