Hacking Burning with Memorex printable DVD-R

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently came across some memorex printable dvd-r's and had previously successfully burned a couple wii games to other blank dvd-r's I found (I don't know what kind they are the cd's were completely blank) with alcohol 120.

now that I'm trying to burn the iso's to the memorex I keep getting an error "Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format" in the log file.

does this mean that I can't burn with memorex or can it be something else? As of right now these are all I have but I'd be willing to buy the proper dvd-r's if I knew what they were.

Another note I did not buy these, I found them because i have a lot of unlabeled cd's around my desk that may or may not have files written to them.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL

I was listening to music when I heard the lady say "OH NO!" when it failed to write.

I thought it was the song I was listening to until I retried a couple more times and noticed she said it every time it failed.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...does no one have some kind of response? I hear of problems with memorex discs but it's usually after burning the iso to the disc. I can't even get that far.

Guess I'll try nero but I doubt it would work if either alcohol 120 or ImgBurn won't write. Any suggestions would be great. 74 views and only one response

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sKeEt said:
...does no one have some kind of response? I hear of problems with memorex discs but it's usually after burning the iso to the disc. I can't even get that far.

Guess I'll try nero but I doubt it would work if either alcohol 120 or ImgBurn won't write. Any suggestions would be great. 74 views and only one response

Have you tried Googling the error?
My general problem with Memorex media is that it's crap. What's the file you're trying to burn? An ISO I assume? You could try running the Nero InfoTool to see what information it has about the discs.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe the are DL DVD's or your writter needs to be updated so it can read/writte on them...!!
smile.gif

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Update your drive firmware first and foremost...

What is the MID? Which model drive/firmware are you running?

Imgburn can tell you these things.

I's wager it's trying to use a generic write strategy and failing (due to old firmware)... or your burning engines are fighting - I HIGHLY recommend installing as few burning applications as possible.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently using NEC DVD+-RW ND-3530A 102B (ATA)

MID: RITEKF1

I did not know I had to update my drive firmware, and alcohol 120 was the only burning program i had until inferno told me to use ImgBurn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny