Hacking Burning Question

africansk8er

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to burn City Folk soon, and I'm trying to figure out how to do it. I have Sony DVD+R's, and I've read that you need to change the booktype to DVD-ROM so I'm trying to follow http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/set...burn_page1.html and using IMGBurn, but I get to the part where you have to pick your drive manufacturer but I can't find out what my drive manufacturer. So how do I find that out? And what speed should I burn at? Thanks!!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
africansk8er said:
I'm going to burn City Folk soon, and I'm trying to figure out how to do it. I have Sony DVD+R's, and I've read that you need to change the booktype to DVD-ROM so I'm trying to follow http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/set...burn_page1.html and using IMGBurn, but I get to the part where you have to pick your drive manufacturer but I can't find out what my drive manufacturer. So how do I find that out? And what speed should I burn at? Thanks!!

right click My Computer and click properties - go to Device manager (in hardware tab in XP ) and then open the DVD ROM section

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
If that does not show it, you can also use a program called "Everest" which will give more detailed information on your computer/devices.

As for burn speed, I have always burned on 8x (with a cheap pack of 5 DVDs bought for 99p [read:less than a dollar]) and have never had any problems.

africansk8er

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I figured out that my drive is LG, but now IMGburn gives me an error (Invalid Command Operation Code) when I try to change the booktype. I take it my driver is blocking changing booktypes or something...?

africansk8er

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
just get yourself DVD-R for the wii - no messing about
Yeah, I guess I should probably just go out tomorrow and get some cheap ones. Also, do you think I should maybe burn it to a DVD+r anyways? Would it work?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It has for some people , but not for most - make sure its a game that can work first - a lot have lost a lot of discs testing games that just dont work

hetoan2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it is a 500mb iso and you have a 700mb CD-R could you burn it on that and have it work? or can the wii only read DVD-R's?

i really don't want to waste a full DVD if i could use a CD

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
djtaz said:
It has for some people , but not for most - make sure its a game that can work first - a lot have lost a lot of discs testing games that just dont work
yeah I guess we should make it a sticky

Verbatim DVD-r at x4 burning speed with any software that support copy image file = SUCCESSFUL BACKUP DISC

best regards

BIG MOE
grog.gif

Hacksaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have mainly been using DVD+R's and have had no problem. Before you go out and buy some DVD-R have you tried updating the firmware of your drive?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Hacksaw said:
I have mainly been using DVD+R's and have had no problem. Before you go out and buy some DVD-R have you tried updating the firmware of your drive?

great if it works for you , but in general we say after many tests DVD-r is better to burn a Wii backup , now in some cases DVD+r works but with more problems , so DVD-r is generally better .

africansk8er

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to burn it anyways without changing the booktype, and I get an error when I load it with the loader (error 324). I guess I'll be going out to get some DVD-r's.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Hacksaw said:
when you bit-set your DVD+R discs it will work, without bitsetting it wont.

again when you wanna direct a crowed into a good path you wanna be sure to chose the path that they can all go through it with less problems . and believe me 95% of the people don't know bit settings and what change your book type into dvd-rom is , and bottom line it will be more Qs and Answers that no need to , and the solution is DVD-R , vole

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
africansk8er said:
One quick question, I want to install cIOS 36 rev 7, so can I just install it, or do I need to go in and uninstall an old cIOS?

it's better to uninstall first , so it's a cleaner install after that .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock