Hacking Burned Wii game not working

zackfiles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I followed the softmod guide found here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=204185 , and made sure everything was in place.

I tried to burn Mario Kart but the Wii said an error has occoured and I need to eject the disk and turn the Wii off.

I set ImgBurner at 4x speed and chose the right file.

What did I do wrong?

Sorry! I used DVD-R for this.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DeadlyFoez said:
You did wrong by not burning at 2.4x, but I'm sure your issue is not not from burning speed, but I bet you have a d3-2 drive which wont read burned games anyways.

Sorry, but you're wrong. 2.4x is a wrong speed for 2 reasons:
1. It's a DVD+R only speed! Where did he say it's a DVD+R? If you burn a DVD-R at 2.4x and don't get crap, it wouldn't have mattered at all which speed you chose, either the burner or media or both would be very good then.
2. Burning slow is only good for burners and media from the stone age. If burner and media are 16x, you won't get good results with something slower than 4x. Most likely the best result would be achieved with 8,12 or 16x.

But you may be right about the drive. But since there's no info the post, everything is just blind guessing and it could be anything that's wrong.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The burn speed shouldn't matter. In fact burning at a faster speed is generally better. More then likely you have a newer wii drive that won't read dvd backups. If that's the case you should look into a usb loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.