Hacking Burned DVDs to .wbfs files on the fly?

leo_bsb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I have 350 burned backups and now I'm starting to use USB Loader GX with NTFS formatted drive.
Does any WBFS manager extract .wbfs files from my burned DVDs directly to my NTFS drive? Or I'll have to create ISOs from every single game and after that convert them to wbfs?

DMzda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CFGLoader extracts .wbfs files on FAT32, probably the same on NTFS. I have only tried it with original game discs, so I am not sure is backups will work. Just try it
smile.gif

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
leo_bsb said:
I have 350 burned backups and now I'm starting to use USB Loader GX with NTFS formatted drive.
Does any WBFS manager extract .wbfs files from my burned DVDs directly to my NTFS drive? Or I'll have to create ISOs from every single game and after that convert them to wbfs?
wbfs_file 2.7 command line tool can do that:
wbfs_file -g D: convert E:\wbfs
where D: is the DVD drive and E: the usb hdd.

QUOTE(DMzda @ Jan 6 2010, 04:49 PM) CFGLoader extracts .wbfs files on FAT32, probably the same on NTFS. I have only tried it with original game discs, so I am not sure is backups will work. Just try it
smile.gif
Sorry but NTFS for the moment is read-only in both gx and cfg loader, so you can't install on that using the loader.
Installing to FAT however works fine.

leo_bsb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
oggzee said:
leo_bsb said:
wbfs_file 2.7 command line tool can do that:
wbfs_file -g D: convert E:\wbfs
where D: is the DVD drive and E: the usb hdd.

QUOTE(DMzda @ Jan 6 2010, 04:49 PM) CFGLoader extracts .wbfs files on FAT32, probably the same on NTFS. I have only tried it with original game discs, so I am not sure is backups will work. Just try it
smile.gif
Sorry but NTFS for the moment is read-only in both gx and cfg loader, so you can't install on that using the loader.
Installing to FAT however works fine.

Thanks guys.

oggzee, the names for the .wbfs files can be extracted automatically or do I have to type a name for each file?
I could probably to a .bat to speed the process.
Thanks again.

leo_bsb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
DMzda said:
CFGLoader extracts .wbfs files on FAT32, probably the same on NTFS. I have only tried it with original game discs, so I am not sure is backups will work. Just try it
smile.gif

A pratical way would be let the Wii install the game using USB Loader GX, I tried but it won't write to the usb drive. I hope they fix that on new releases.

Posts merged

QUOTE(xflak40 @ Jan 6 2010, 02:28 PM) wii backup manager by fig2k4 can also do this, and it has a user-friendly GUI

wow, perfect find! I'll try that later, thanks!

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
leo_bsb said:
oggzee, the names for the .wbfs files can be extracted automatically or do I have to type a name for each file?
I could probably to a .bat to speed the process.
Thanks again.
If the destination is a directory (e:\wbfs) then the name is created automatically, actually the directory and the name, since it will by default put it to gameid_title\gameid.wbfs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee