OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
H'ockey, I've read a lot about gettin' NGC games into one disc for the Wii now, and I have a couple of questions.. Sorry if they've been asked lots of times before, if you have other topics, please refer instead of saying "use the search function", becasue I have.

I have the GameCube MultiGame ISO Creator 2.0.3 now.. My Wii is PAL with an original Wiikey

1) First of all, some games are having audio issues as far as I know. I also know that you're able to patch the ISO's with a FSTfix.
I tried patching Lugi's Mansion, which was a scenerelease, with the standard 1.4GB .gcm image.
After the patchin, the proggie returned an iso @ 250MB.. Is this normal? Why is it so small, will it still work?

2) I know not every game needs audio fixing, is it a way to find out which ones? (Yes, I've seen the Gamecube compability list at GBAtemp Wiki, but that's for... shrinked ISO's etc)

3) What does the "shrink" really do? It shrinks the image, but how? And will it affect the image? Will it shrink the image quality, sound, etc?

Thank you if you have any answers!

Regards

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shrinking/trimming an iso is fine. When a company makes a game, they have to fill the disc and when their game doesn't fill said disc, they fill the rest of the disc with meaningless FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF until it's full. Shrinking just removes the useless filler at the end of the disc.

And yes, Luigi's Mansion should shrink that much. It's a tiny game. Beat it in a day.

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
The Wiki compat list is for everything. There are different columns for each mode, burned right to DVD (normal), using a shrink tool like GCMUtilitiy (shrunken), than two more if it works with Make-Multi v0.3 making multi-game discs.

pesaroso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, thank you for your replies!

But one thing.. If I patch let's say Luigi's Mansion with the audiofix thingy (if it's even necessary?), it'll shrink the ISO to 250MB as I said.

What if I then load it into the Make-Multi tool? Do I just load it, and NOT check the shrink button for that game..? Or..?
*confused*

Thanks a lot!

ianz

Trophies
XP
Country
seems to me that when it removes all the FF's on the end and you try it again it just removes 0 F's

you could uncheck to be sure...

pesaroso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, but since the audofix program shrinks the images.. Can I just use that program to shrink the ISO's instead of the Make-Multi tool?

If that's the case, I should be able to play games properly, and they're all patched for audio flaws, is that correct?

Regards

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NOTE: not all gamecube games work after shrinking them (example: metroid prime 2) look at the compatibility list to check before you burn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: