Hacking Bruteforcing.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or we could ask a psychic to pick some numbers, or build a machine to enhance your esp abilities and see if you can remote view the keys in the ninty headquaters or a dev house has them
hey dont laugh the cia and the kgb had some promisng results with remote viewing
hell maybe ill even write a screen play "the men who stare at 3ds's"

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
uh bruteforce is is not efficient. just figure 3DS card, and How 3DS read them. just like on picture, is can save a lot of time than brute force them.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not bad, but could fall victim to a same fate as that other guy who posted a bunch of photos of him doing the same thing to a DSi yet nothing was done after that AFAIK.

Well,

You're assuming that the very last key tried is the proper one. If you're going in a random order (you know, instead of starting at like 00000000000001, with more zeroes before it), I'm sure somebody would find it before then.

The problem is co-ordinating it. I remember there used to be a program that was trying to decrypt the DSi common key, and it would check into a central server that had a list of what's been tried already... I used to run that thing, too, but it sort-of vanished... I had actually heard that some elitist hackers DID find the key already and just didn't tell anybody, so the rest of the world was just wasting CPU power on nothing. I'm sure somebody, somewhere, has figured it out - that's the problem with hackers, they don't want to come forward for fear of being sued, so they just do it for fun and never tell anybody.

Which is why we need this to be a group effort ;)

But yeah. Brute-forcing should totally be possible, it was being done for the DSi too... we just need to make sure this time everybody can view the results, etc. I'm not saying it's very practical, and I'm sure a different exploit will be found before anybody finds it via brute-force, but it would certainly be better than sitting around doing nothing while waiting for some elitist hackers to be nice enough to share their findings with us. No, I'm not going to coordinate this, do not ask me. :P

Please elaborate more on this program.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
IIRC this got the ram dump, but it's encrypted anyway so he's still at square one.
Which is why we need this to be a group effort ;)
But most people are aware of how unlikely it is that we'd get the keys from brute forcing, which ironically means that you'll never get enough computers helping towards it (if enough is even possible to attain). You're probably a million times more likely to win the lottery in the next 10 years playing one ticket a week than you are likely to brute force the 3DS key within a hundred years.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you want to wait a billion years...

Off topic: I wonder what the earth would be like in a billion years (probably a hot, dry, barren rock :P)

I'll be a planet made entirely out of chrome.
Spongebob said it himself that in the future everything is made out of chrome.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country

Vigilante

TempLurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to wait a billion years...

Off topic: I wonder what the earth would be like in a billion years (probably a hot, dry, barren rock :P)

I'll be a planet made entirely out of chrome.
Spongebob said it himself that in the future everything is made out of chrome.
Guys lets go back to topic please.
Yah, right... The 3DS uses a 4096 bit encryption key (i think) so that means the number of possible solutions is *insert ridiculously large number here*.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok here is an idea , use the ps3 to hack the 3ds with brute force, write a script for ps3 users that would be the 3ds brute forcing equivalent to the ps3 folding at home project

and do you even need an exploit to make a clone flash card? just use ds mode to reflash the rAM to change the game, i o=dont see why crown is so far fetched if it is just a clone card that is doing 1:1 emulation. dont it just hve to spoof the header? how is the 3ds game header encrypted? and can that be brute force?

megavirus1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok here is an idea , use the ps3 to hack the 3ds with brute force, write a script for ps3 users that would be the 3ds brute forcing equivalent to the ps3 folding at home project

and do you even need an exploit to make a clone flash card? just use ds mode to reflash the rAM to change the game, i o=dont see why crown is so far fetched if it is just a clone card that is doing 1:1 emulation. dont it just hve to spoof the header? how is the 3ds game header encrypted? and can that be brute force?

your idea with the ps3 still wouldnt work... when people said all computers on earth would need more than a million years they actually meant all electronic devices that can do calculation so including your phone, tablet pc, gameboy and even your calculator it would still need that much time...

and your question about clone flashcards; its probably not too hard to make a 1:1 copy and get it to run but thats not exactly what we want coz that would mean that even the hardware would need to be the same so you couldnt put other games in it via sd card
so were not looking for 1:1 cards with only some cheaper hardware(which i would bet on the 3ds would pick up) to make the games less expensive but trying to do a runnable flashcart without neccessarily 1:1 copy

edit: why use ps3's???

Trophies
XP
Country

your idea with the ps3 still wouldnt work... when people said all computers on earth would need more than a million years they actually meant all electronic devices that can do calculation so including your phone, tablet pc, gameboy and even your calculator it would still need that much time...

and your question about clone flashcards; its probably not too hard to make a 1:1 copy and get it to run but thats not exactly what we want coz that would mean that even the hardware would need to be the same so you couldnt put other games in it via sd card
so were not looking for 1:1 cards with only some cheaper hardware(which i would bet on the 3ds would pick up) to make the games less expensive but trying to do a runnable flashcart without neccessarily 1:1 copy

edit: why use ps3's???
I'm guessing he thinks that you could link them all up??? But why would Sony want to hack a Nintendo console???

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i know it wouldnt be powerfull enough unless you got lucky, ,like someone else said if you dont start from the begining you may just get luck early on without having to go through every possible combination,like hitting the lotto, but the crown is supposed to be a 1:1 card no? so it can be reflashed with different roms, theoretically, or like a snes n64 flashcart ,i dont see why you couldnt have an sd card too and have it go to ds mode

and yea thats what folding at home is it is a project that links up all the ps3 that are taking part and designates the unused cpu power of everyones ps3 to solving protein folding

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
There is only one way to brute force it in a reasonable amount of time and that is to harness the power of computers in many other universes in addition to our own. Specifically with a quantum computer. Unfortunately the best quantum computers can only factor 15 into 5 and 3 because any interaction with the outside world (like a stray gamma ray from space) spoils the whole thing. They are working on quantum error correction to help with that but it is still a very hard problem.

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM