Hacking Browserhax on 10.7.0 for Installing Menuhax (for A9LH Installing)

PsikoBlock

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does the browserhax still working if I drop the packages on my router? If so... can anyone tell me exactly how to do it?
Here's my config. The destination address is the address of the conntest.nintendowifi.net server.
EzLOrtE.png

ninja edit: Also, apparently Plailect published a new method in his guide, probably try that first (https://plailect.github.io/Guide/homebrew-launcher-(browser))

Last edited by PsikoBlock,

Alvy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Here's my config. The destination address is the address of the conntest.nintendowifi.net server.
EzLOrtE.png

ninja edit: Also, apparently Plailect published a new method in his guide, probably try that first (https://plailect.github.io/Guide/homebrew-launcher-(browser))

I did this settings exactly as you posted and it's still showing me the Update message on the Browser (a little more slower than before). I think I don't have luck tho. I think the only way for me is to find someone who can downgrade it for me and install the cfw :(

Tapedeck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.waitesweep.com
XP
Country
Hi all, a query you may be able to support with...

I got a n3DS for Christmas and it's on 10.7.0-32E. Figured I'd see what it can do with some Homebrew.
I followed the plialect.3DS guide but my router didn't block the conntest.Nintendo website correctly (BT Home Hub can only block via request in "MyBT" Login page and not directly via the router) Annoyingly these requests musn't block them correctly as stated in post #81 etc.
I now get the "update browser" nag when I try to launch the browser exploit.
Could someone assist with some simple steps of what I need to do next? Is a format required? (It's an Ambassador n3DS if that makes a difference).

PS:
I've access to another router that can block websites at a friends house.
I also own OoT cart if that means I can do the OoThax? (Never done before)

Thanks in anticipation!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, a query you may be able to support with...

I got a n3DS for Christmas and it's on 10.7.0-32E. Figured I'd see what it can do with some Homebrew.
I followed the plialect.3DS guide but my router didn't block the conntest.Nintendo website correctly (BT Home Hub can only block via request in "MyBT" Login page and not directly via the router) Annoyingly these requests musn't block them correctly as stated in post #81 etc.
I now get the "update browser" nag when I try to launch the browser exploit.
Could someone assist with some simple steps of what I need to do next? Is a format required? (It's an Ambassador n3DS if that makes a difference).

PS:
I've access to another router that can block websites at a friends house.
I also own OoT cart if that means I can do the OoThax? (Never done before)

Thanks in anticipation!
If you cannot use your router to block conntest.nintendowifi.net, then you can follow this thread on how to do it with your computer. To be clear, you will have to delete the internet settings on your 3DS and connect to the hotspot on your Wi-Fi enabled laptop instead:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...r-4-tutorial-for-bypassing-browsernag.450916/

It might be easier to use your friend's router. Oot3dhax requires that you also have powersaves or a second 3DS that already has homebrew access.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Tapedeck

Tapedeck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.waitesweep.com
XP
Country
Thanks Lacius. This has delayed the nag but I now get an error following the process above (An error has occurred, please save your data and restart the system). Have tried multiple times and have reset the internet settings in the browser.
Not sure how to setup my laptop as a hotspot for the 3DS to access so think I'll have to wait until at my friend's house next week.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Lacius. This has delayed the nag but I now get an error following the process above (An error has occurred, please save your data and restart the system). Have tried multiple times and have reset the internet settings in the browser.
Not sure how to setup my laptop as a hotspot for the 3DS to access so think I'll have to wait until at my friend's house next week.
Don't the BT routers have parental controls that can block a URL?

Tapedeck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.waitesweep.com
XP
Country
I've done it this way @Lacius but it was still giving me the nag. I waited 2hrs to ensure it was definitely blocked. The Telerik Fiddler Web Debugger stops the nag but then I just get the error. Screen goes yellow then grey then nothing. Have tried a few more times now and same result.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done it this way @Lacius but it was still giving me the nag. I waited 2hrs to ensure it was definitely blocked. The Telerik Fiddler Web Debugger stops the nag but then I just get the error. Screen goes yellow then grey then nothing. Have tried a few more times now and same result.
Did you try this?
https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting#ts_browser

Edit: To be clear, I'm not sure when your error is occurring.

Last edited by Lacius,

Tapedeck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.waitesweep.com
XP
Country
Yes, cleared save data completely (multiple times). The error is occurring after the browser tries to load the browser exploit. It loads the exploit (screen goes yellow then grey) then browser shuts and the message displays.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, cleared save data completely (multiple times). The error is occurring after the browser tries to load the browser exploit. It loads the exploit (screen goes yellow then grey) then browser shuts and the message displays.
Some people resolve this error by trying the following things:
  • Rebooting the 3DS
  • Deleting and replacing the homebrew packages on the SD card
  • Formatting the SD card
  • Using a different SD card Unlikely to help.
The good news is you probably don't need your friend's router; you've bypassed the nag.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Tapedeck

Tapedeck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.waitesweep.com
XP
Country
Thanks. I'll try this now :)

EDIT: Reboot and deleting and re-adding the files didn't work so I'll just do a format (backing up SD card now). Hopefully this works as I'm all out of ideas if not. It gets to the point of wanting to load the exploit then just crashes.

Last edited by Tapedeck,

Tapedeck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.waitesweep.com
XP
Country
Well have had no joy with any of the suggestions given. Thanks @Lacius for your help though.
From reading more: Hanging/crashing at a gray-bottom-screen means *hax payload loading failed, normally this is due to network issues(you should reboot your system when this happens).

I think this may have something to do with Browser Nag Fiddler 4 programme. Unless the network issue is on the payload side?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy