Hardware broken touch screen after charging above a (turned off)microwave oven

thedrev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The strangest thing happend to my new 3DS XL. The touch screen left border is partially unresponsive to touch inputs (by the size of about an inch). This happend after I briefly put the charging 3DS above a micro wave oven, which was not on.

And yes I'm sure it's that because I was using it before and after the charge.
I could not belive it first so I very briefly did the same thing and the unresponsive zone expended a little.

i can't find any info on the net as everything I searched linked me to thoses stupid articles of kids trying to charge various devices in there oven...

I am not sure if the fact that the 3DS was charging at this moment did that, but never put your 3DS near a micro wave oven, even if it's turned off.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
for curiosity, is the top magnetic? if you put something metalic on the microwave, it will get attached?
where did you put your 3ds while using the microwave? what if your microwave got a leak?

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is silly. Microwave had nothing to do with it. Even if the Microwave was on it wouldn't break your touch screen unless the 3DS was heated passively by the microwave being hot, or on the vary off chance that the microwave is leaking (in which case it would be a significant health hazard as well.)

Last edited by gallymimu,

thedrev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it was placed near and not inside. Charging with the official charger.
So year this old oven was a health hazard so I get ride of it anyway

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
microwave_02_500.jpg

if you placed it somewhere near the top that would explain it, also forgive the paint

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong