Broken DS mic

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by spark1223, May 2, 2010.

1. spark1223
    OP

spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    United States
    So I got a used DSLite at Gamestop... Big mistake, the damn mic doesn't work and they'll just give me another damned used one if I return it (Already tried 3 of their used DSes All friggin broken in one way or another, or they have 50 million scratches! Also I got the extended warrenty, but I guess that doesn't matter) This pisses me off! What the hell can I do? Is there a way to fix it?

2. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Yeah: Tell them you are pissed and that you will never shop there again. Either that or try the DS in the store.

3. spark1223
    OP

spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    United States
    I tested this one too, its just is so damned hard to find a good used one.

4. _Chaz_

_Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Repair it.

This is a good excuse to change it's shell and fix any other problems that are wrong with it (i.e.: scratched screens, fucked up buttons, desensitized touch screen, etc.) and also a good way to support ShopTemp.

5. Brian117

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    Where are you located? You can send the DS to me and I can replace the broken microphone. I have an extra microphone from when I took apart a broken DS Lite, so I can easily replace it for you.

EDIT: Or, if you have experience with replacing things on the DS. I can just sell you the extra microphone and you do it yourself.

6. spark1223
    OP

spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    United States
    Im in MN,but I dont wanna wait for a new Microphone to ship, I might as well go in and pay the difference for a new DS, it sucks but I think Id rather get a new one. (either that or try to argue this out to gamestop's managers)

Thanks for offering though.

7. Brian117

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    No problem.

Also, do you test out the systems before you buy them? Or does Gamestop not let you do that? I would ask to test out the next DS that you're going to pick. Test for all the problems you've had in the past.

8. spark1223
    OP

spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    United States
    I got a brand new ds. I did test it, it works great.