Hacking Broken DS mic

spark1223

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a used DSLite at Gamestop... Big mistake, the damn mic doesn't work and they'll just give me another damned used one if I return it (Already tried 3 of their used DSes All friggin broken in one way or another, or they have 50 million scratches! Also I got the extended warrenty, but I guess that doesn't matter) This pisses me off! What the hell can I do? Is there a way to fix it?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Repair it.

This is a good excuse to change it's shell and fix any other problems that are wrong with it (i.e.: scratched screens, fucked up buttons, desensitized touch screen, etc.) and also a good way to support ShopTemp.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where are you located? You can send the DS to me and I can replace the broken microphone. I have an extra microphone from when I took apart a broken DS Lite, so I can easily replace it for you.

EDIT: Or, if you have experience with replacing things on the DS. I can just sell you the extra microphone and you do it yourself.

spark1223

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im in MN,but I dont wanna wait for a new Microphone to ship, I might as well go in and pay the difference for a new DS, it sucks but I think Id rather get a new one. (either that or try to argue this out to gamestop's managers)

Thanks for offering though.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem.

Also, do you test out the systems before you buy them? Or does Gamestop not let you do that? I would ask to test out the next DS that you're going to pick. Test for all the problems you've had in the past.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E