• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,388
  • Replies 35
D

Deleted User

OP
Let's ask OP...

Quick question for @TheJumono, what system version is your NAND update from?
I updated from 2.1 to the corrupted 11.3 backup I had, tried to downgrade to 9.2 as well, used recovery to update to 11.4, downgraded again to 9.2, at this point I have no idea what OS version I am running.

I have Luma debugger telling me that there's an arm9 prefetch abort (svcBreak) error happening but that's about it.

Any arm9 payload works, but the os won't boot no matter what, I've only got recovery to work once as well.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated from 2.1 to the corrupted 11.3 backup I had, tried to downgrade to 9.2 as well, used recovery to update to 11.4, downgraded again to 9.2, at this point I have no idea what OS version I am running.

I have Luma debugger telling me that there's an arm9 prefetch abort (svcBreak) error happening but that's about it.

Any arm9 payload works, but the os won't boot no matter what, I've only got recovery to work once as well.
Alright, now a question for @VinsCool: Do you guys need an 11.3 backup to get the NAND files from? Or do you already have one?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, now a question for @VinsCool: Do you guys need an 11.3 backup to get the NAND files from? Or do you already have one?
I can't confirm but i think Jumono had a backup from another 3ds?

D

Deleted User

OP
I can't confirm but i think Jumono had a backup from another 3ds?
That's right, I had a found a CTR backup for 11.3, though that didn't worked either, all I have is my hacked o3DS but that's about it.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's right, I had a found a CTR backup for 11.3, though that didn't worked either, all I have is my hacked o3DS but that's about it.
Is it a NAND backup? Or the actual files?
Plan: My idea is to use GodMode9 to mount a copy of the image to a drive, and then copy the OS files into it... You can't use someone else's NAND backup, but no one has tested injecting certain files from a different NAND into a NAND backup. I just hope it works though...

D

Deleted User

OP
Is it a NAND backup? Or the actual files?
Plan: My idea is to use GodMode9 to mount a copy of the image to a drive, and then copy the OS files into it... You can't use someone else's NAND backup, but no one has tested injecting certain files from a different NAND into a NAND backup. I just hope it works though...
Yeah I was planning on trying manually copying file over, though I seems to be missing no files at all, also that CTR backup was from a guide that let you downgrade from 11.4 to 11.3/.2, I tried to give it a try with no successs either, I'll try to simply use a backup from my working o3ds and copy missing files and hope that can work.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I was planning on trying manually copying file over, though I seems to be missing no files at all, also that CTR backup was from a guide that let you downgrade from 11.4 to 11.3/.2, I tried to give it a try with no successs either, I'll try to simply use a backup from my working o3ds and copy missing files and hope that can work.
Let's hope... There's also a possibility that some files in the NAND may not be complete, but let's hope they aren't...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did you try a 9.2 CTRTransfer?
https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer
Edit: Also if it said it got corrupted, you should have taken that seriously. These applications rarely bug out like that.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: VinsCool

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Reactions: Quantumcat

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
The initial backup was corrupted, it doesn't necessarily HAVE to be the SD's fault. Sh:shit:t happens...
If OP used high-graded SD he would never get a corrupted backup.
Even the died console doesn't own by OP.

In my case, the minimum quality of SD should be original bundled 2/4GB Toshiba/Lexar/Samsung.
The second minimum quality should be Sandisk-Extreme-class.

Last edited by MelonGx,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If OP used high-graded SD he would never get a corrupted backup.
Even the died console doesn't own by OP.

In my case, the minimum quality of SD should be original bundled 2/4GB Toshiba/Lexar/Samsung.
The second minimum quality should be Sandisk-Extreme-class.
OP didn't know any better...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :ohnoes: oh wait.. Here they are. Thought I lost my Chips Ahoy cookies :cry:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your...