Hardware Broke the fpc battery connector

xfire7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey could anyone's help me fix a fpc connector that I accidentally broke when installing a new battery on the switch I have been looking at YouTube videos but they always seen to skip the part where they fix the connect and one also said you need jumper cables but didn't show or explain why he just skipped in it magically fixed everything so I'm hoping someone may point me in the right direction and how to fix my switch: (

Attachments

• IMG_20231206_212447043_HDR-1.png
    IMG_20231206_212447043_HDR-1.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20231206_212058785_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231206_212058785_HDR.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20231206_211913800_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231206_211913800_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Understood one question though I don't need any kind of jumper cables right?
I you don't messed any trace on the PCB you will no need to repair it, only replace the connector, if you are no experienced on soldering go to a phone/computer shop, they have the expertise and experience.

xfire7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I you don't messed any trace on the PCB you will no need to repair it, only replace the connector, if you are no experienced on soldering go to a phone/computer shop, they have the expertise and experience.
Ok well I'm not really an expert in soldering but the switch is modded so I'm afraid to take it to places like that....

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ok well I'm not really an expert in soldering but the switch is modded so I'm afraid to take it to places like that....
you are not sending it to nintendo a reputable shop will do the magic, but if you are confident, a little hot air and kapton tape will do the trick.

xfire7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are not sending it to nintendo a reputable shop will do the magic, but if you are confident, a little hot air and kapton tape will do the trick.
I was planning on going to a repair shop Tomorrow to fix a broken MacBook so I guess I can bring the switch as well how much do they normally charge for this kind of repair? Because if it's over $100 might as well buy a new one or try to fix it myself lol

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I was planning on going to a repair shop Tomorrow to fix a broken MacBook so I guess I can bring the switch as well how much do they normally charge for this kind of repair? Because if it's over $100 might as well buy a new one or try to fix it myself lol
I don't know, because I live in Colombia, here last time they changed my USB port for 5 USB but the prices are different everywhere.

xfire7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, because I live in Colombia, here last time they changed my USB port for 5 USB but the prices are different everywhere.
Well hopefully it's that cheap I'm looking at the part I need on Amazon and it's 6$ so I'm guessing 10$ for the repair I'll bring it in tomorrow and see what they say:D
Post automatically merged:

If you didn't broke any pad, then you be fine.
I don't think I broke any of them but not sure how to tell if I did

• Love

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in USA, Columbus Ohio area, and I found a cool guy near me that runs a TV/ Radio repair place called "Ace Radio". He has fixed many things in past for me including modded game systems. Just be honest with them and they will be with you the same. Last time I took something to him, I had the usb port switched out for new one on a modded Switch was $45, but I supplied the new connector. And with your problem, no need to mention it is modded anyways. Just a fyi on price and that you can def find a place. Open yellow pages and start calling, no harm if they say no. Good luck!

• Love

xfire7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how did you get the whole connector off, did you unsolder? Or you did something else?
I was replacing the battery but when I tried to connect the battery to the connector it just flew I did apply a lot of force to it so that did the trick again:(

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I would not recommend to apply that much force else you might pull some traces off the board.

You could have soldered back the pins that broke off and fixed them with some UV epoxy.
A fine solder tip should also be enough for that kind of work.

If you can't wait for the connector, you could just solder the battery wires directly to the pads.
Do note the right orientation of the wires.

xfire7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably would want to take it to a repair shop that does switch repairs and have them take a look.
Ya I'm going there tomorrow see what they say I'm hoping it's not expensive though..

I would not recommend to apply that much force else you might pull some traces off the board.

You could have soldered back the pins that broke off and fixed them with some UV epoxy.
A fine solder tip should also be enough for that kind of work.

If you can't wait for the connector, you could just solder the battery wires directly to the pads.
Do note the right orientation of the wires.
I don't know much about soldering so I have no idea what's a uv epoxy or how to solder it directly also the two pings missing flew off into the void so I can't really fix it without a new connector:(

Wait do the repair shops update the switch? Because if they do I well lose the ability to mod it and my switch backups are pretty much gone. Long story short I had to reformat that sd card for something else after I give up on fixing the switch: (

Last edited by xfire7,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait do the repair shops update the switch? Because if they do I well lose the ability to mod it and my switch backups are pretty much gone. Long story short I had to reformat that sd card for something else after I give up on fixing the switch: (
No they wont update it or do anythng software related on it unless you ask them to. That should just be a simple battery connector fix/ replace, unless the pads or traces are damaged.

xfire7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No they wont update it or do anythng software related on it unless you ask them to. That should just be a simple battery connector fix/ replace, unless the pads or traces are damaged.
I took it to the store and they said they could fix it for 80 bucks yaaaa I think I'll just get a new one if I can't fix it by myself:/

This connector would be the most easiest connector on NS to replace, since you dont have ripped pad, no jumper or hot air needed. :rofl2:
Can you explain what exactly do I need to fix it?,

• Wow
Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...