Hardware Broke the fpc battery connector

xfire7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
80 USD!!!! what the hell, there is a guy on youtube which repair tracks for 30USD, the problem normally is the shipping and handling.
I know right I felt like I was getting scammed so I took it home with me it looks like a ez fix for someone that has experience with this kind of things

• Love
Reactions: BigOnYa and impeeza

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just get the connector yourself and a Solder iron, solder, and flux, I would practise soldering on some trash electronics or just soldering together wires to get the hang of using the solder iron, before doing it on the switch. Should be an easy fix though. You could maybe even ask around with some friends, family to see if anyone knows how to solder. Good luck.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot 2023-12-07 202318.png

Screenshot 2023-12-07 202204.png

• Love

xfire7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just get the connector yourself and a Solder iron, solder, and flux, I would practise soldering on some trash electronics or just soldering together wires to get the hang of using the solder iron, before doing it on the switch. Should be an easy fix though. You could maybe even ask around with some friends, family to see if anyone knows how to solder. Good luck.
I'll go ahead and buy the connector and give it a fix do you know if Mobile Sentrix is safe to buy from? They have the peace I need for 1.30$
Post automatically merged:

Oh just saw your post lol is this all I should need to fix it:)?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll go ahead and buy the connector and give it a fix do you know if Mobile Sentrix is safe to buy from? They have the peace I need for 1.30$

Oh just saw your post lol is this all I should need to fix it:)?
That connector part is so generic, don't think it matters where you get it. (and I dont know that site) That is awesome price though.
Yep that's all you need to fix it!

xfire7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That connector part is so generic, don't think it matters where you get it. (and I dont know that site) That is awesome price though.
They also selling a pack of 10 for $7 but I never bought from them before so I'm not sure if it's a safe website or not

• Haha

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
They also selling a pack of 10 for $7 but I never bought from them before so I'm not sure if it's a safe website or not
They are safe.

That way you mostly lead to another problem, max17050 blow off or the speaker jack melt. You dont really need hot air for this connector especially thermal mass around that edge is way less than anywhere.

• Love

xfire7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Shows using an air gun also in this video, but you can easily install it with just the solder iron.

Thx this well help a lot but I'm still kind of nervous tho never tried doing this kind of things before so can I really do it with out the air gun? Since technically there are 2 small pieces still on the pads that I need to take out

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx this well help a lot but I'm still kind of nervous tho never tried doing this kind of things before so can I really do it with out the air gun? Since technically there are 2 small pieces still on the pads that I need to take out
Yep, just use solder iron and heat up till "liquidy", then use some metal tweezers to put those pieces off.

• Love
Reactions: xfire7 and impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah that connector is very small, with a pencil solder you can get it done, do not over heat any solder point to avoid lift the tracks and you will be ok.

use lot of flux on the lateral supports to aid to melt the solder.

Also if you can first add leaded solder to that points so the melting point lower.

• Love
Reactions: xfire7 and BigOnYa

xfire7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that connector is very small, with a pencil solder you can get it done, do not over heat any solder point to avoid lift the tracks and you will be ok.

use lot of flux on the lateral supports to aid to melt the solder.

Also if you can first add leaded solder to that points so the melting point lower.
Ok I'll try my best... But idk it keeps looking more and more complicated then I thought...

• Haha

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI: Most grandpa's know how to solder and own the equipment themselfs, You can try asking around family members if you are still hesistant. Good luck!

• Love

xfire7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI: Most grandpa's know how to solder and own the equipment themselfs, You can try asking around family members if you are still hesistant. Good luck!
There is a lot of drama in my family so I don't think I could ask them for any favors lol

Nah, trust in yourself

We believe in you!
I Just ordered the Solder iron but it may take 1 or 2day or to get here I'll update you guys ones everything gets here and hopefully everything goes smoothly 🙏

Reactions: BigOnYa

xfire7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After having a slight panic attack I put my brain on autopilot and tried to copy the video to the best of my ability and here are the results thank you to all the ppl that helped me fix my switch now I can get back to Slay the spire:)

Attachments

• IMG_20231210_202034092.jpg
    IMG_20231210_202034092.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • Love

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: need to have official info from N