Bricking?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Jarn, Feb 24, 2008.

Feb 24, 2008

Bricking? by Jarn at 7:23 PM (1,143 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Jarn
    OP

Newcomer Jarn Member

United States
    I ordered an M3DS-Real with the Perfect bundle 6 days ago and it hasn't arrived yet. However, since then, I've heard about the M3DS-Real bricking people's DSes... is this something that I should worry about? Should I try to return my M3DS-Real once it comes?

2. snowcorn22

Newcomer snowcorn22 Member

Malta
    I've got 2 M3DS Real... one is the perfect bundle and the other is the rumble one...
    Both work great... haven't had any problems..... runs all roms i've tried, also single cart download play...
    I think you'll be happy with it!!

3. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    There's a danger of the GBA cartridge bricking your DS. Keep in mind the chance of this happening is extremely low. It's blown out of proportions in the forum seeing people who don't have a problem will be happily playing while those who do will be making plenty of angry posts about it. In any case, I've only seen about 2 people on this forum who had this problem.

Personally, I think you need not worry. Mine is still completely fine.

4. Jarn
    OP

Newcomer Jarn Member

United States
    Okay, that's good to know. Thanks. [​IMG]

5. Digital1980

Member Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am very satisfied with my purchase that I decided to get another for my GF so we can both have endless fun on our DS's! It came on Friday and seems to preform flawlessly as the one I have had for less than a couple of months now.

Enjoy your M3 Real! [​IMG]

Digital

6. Chedderknight

Member Chedderknight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    so far I've bought 4, 1 for myself and 3 for others, so far nothing, no complaints, everything runs smooth, on all types of cards, from name brand to generic, ranging from 1GB to 4GB, so it all depends on how good your luck is i supppose, or how well kept your DS is.

7. Jarn
    OP

Newcomer Jarn Member

United States
    Brand new. [​IMG]

8. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Really, the chances of you bricking your DS using a flash cart these days are like 1/1,000,000.

9. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Yep, I agree with everyone else.

Although I've seen 3 people bricking their DSs' so far, that's still pretty low.

10. misanthrope

Newcomer misanthrope Advanced Member

Mexico
    Its not "extremely low" and these people are flatout misleading you: look at all the people who ever had problems with the thing not booting up correctly ( ds saying there is no card ). Its unacceptably common, that failure rate seems to be pretty high on a particular batch of M3s that might be the one you got. As far as I can tell anybody who experiences the "card not recognized" problem can also experience the "no power at all" problem which can potentially brick the DS. Those are a lot more common than just "3 people" on this board and you know where it might lead.

Yes many of them do work, but you'll notice right away is a cheaply constructed product: the gba and rumble packs wont fit correctly and feel odd, the M3DS won't have the little plastic guides on the connectors making it likely to go in incorrectly and short out the DS ( which can eventually blow up either the fuse or the entire board like in my case ).

Use at your own risk, or at least know a place that could do cheap repairs ( a guy only charged me 40 bucks to replace the entire board but im pretty sure its probably more expensive than that but he had to do it like that since he was a few days behind in my repair )

11. llatnik

Newcomer llatnik Advanced Member

Australia
    while problems & bricking does happen statistically you're more likely to kill it by dropping it or leaving it in a pocket when you do your laundry (happened to my gameboy pocket, god rest its silicon soul) and even if it does die/kill your DS well its like when my GBA flashcard died, I bought it early on and it cost a tonne, and then... it died, but i figured i had played more than enough games on it to make it a worthwhile purchase anyhow.

not that I'm saying anyone here ever uses their cards to play downloaded pirates games... nooooo ^^

12. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You're the one trying to mislead him. You're trying to get him all paranoid and shit for no good reason.

Not cool man.