Switch Lite - help identify IC

Phantomas77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all!

I've a Switch Lite that does not have any signs of water damage and doesn't power on. I don't have the possibility to perform voltage injection so I was messing around replacing the known "problematic" IC's.

This Switch was drawing 15V/0.1A before and after M92T36 replacement and started to draw 0.6A after BQ24193 replacement. I'm not sure if the BQ chip is legit since I got it from Ali, but today I analysed the PCB under a thermal camera and got a heat signature coming from BQ and another IC labeled as "U81 O".

I've ordered some BQ chips from Digikey that should arrive soon, but before replacing it I was wondering what that "U81" might be. Does anyone know what's the function of that IC and the specs?

Thanks!

Attachments

• bottom2.jpeg
    bottom2.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 6
  • top.jpeg
    top.jpeg
    252.2 KB · Views: 6
  • board.jpg
    board.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 2
  • U81_IC.jpg
    U81_IC.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 7

Phantomas77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for pointing me out in the right direction @thesjaakspoiler , it seems to be the backlight IC, since it's located nearby the flex ribbon that is connecting the left joycon board and power/volume flex and has LCD backlight connector on it. Already found one on Ali.

I can't see any screen image under light and the BQ heating is a bit worrying, so probably something else is going on in the circuitry that I need to investigate. Though in the meantime I'll order that backlight chip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :tpi: