Hacking Bricking?

Jarn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered an M3DS-Real with the Perfect bundle 6 days ago and it hasn't arrived yet. However, since then, I've heard about the M3DS-Real bricking people's DSes... is this something that I should worry about? Should I try to return my M3DS-Real once it comes?

snowcorn22

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
I've got 2 M3DS Real... one is the perfect bundle and the other is the rumble one...
Both work great... haven't had any problems..... runs all roms i've tried, also single cart download play...
I think you'll be happy with it!!

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
There's a danger of the GBA cartridge bricking your DS. Keep in mind the chance of this happening is extremely low. It's blown out of proportions in the forum seeing people who don't have a problem will be happily playing while those who do will be making plenty of angry posts about it. In any case, I've only seen about 2 people on this forum who had this problem.

Personally, I think you need not worry. Mine is still completely fine.

Jarn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, that's good to know. Thanks.
smile.gif

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very satisfied with my purchase that I decided to get another for my GF so we can both have endless fun on our DS's! It came on Friday and seems to preform flawlessly as the one I have had for less than a couple of months now.

Enjoy your M3 Real!
smile.gif

Digital

Chedderknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so far I've bought 4, 1 for myself and 3 for others, so far nothing, no complaints, everything runs smooth, on all types of cards, from name brand to generic, ranging from 1GB to 4GB, so it all depends on how good your luck is i supppose, or how well kept your DS is.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really, the chances of you bricking your DS using a flash cart these days are like 1/1,000,000.

misanthrope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Its not "extremely low" and these people are flatout misleading you: look at all the people who ever had problems with the thing not booting up correctly ( ds saying there is no card ). Its unacceptably common, that failure rate seems to be pretty high on a particular batch of M3s that might be the one you got. As far as I can tell anybody who experiences the "card not recognized" problem can also experience the "no power at all" problem which can potentially brick the DS. Those are a lot more common than just "3 people" on this board and you know where it might lead.

Yes many of them do work, but you'll notice right away is a cheaply constructed product: the gba and rumble packs wont fit correctly and feel odd, the M3DS won't have the little plastic guides on the connectors making it likely to go in incorrectly and short out the DS ( which can eventually blow up either the fuse or the entire board like in my case ).

Use at your own risk, or at least know a place that could do cheap repairs ( a guy only charged me 40 bucks to replace the entire board but im pretty sure its probably more expensive than that but he had to do it like that since he was a few days behind in my repair )

llatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
while problems & bricking does happen statistically you're more likely to kill it by dropping it or leaving it in a pocket when you do your laundry (happened to my gameboy pocket, god rest its silicon soul) and even if it does die/kill your DS well its like when my GBA flashcard died, I bought it early on and it cost a tonne, and then... it died, but i figured i had played more than enough games on it to make it a worthwhile purchase anyhow.

not that I'm saying anyone here ever uses their cards to play downloaded pirates games... nooooo ^^

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not "extremely low" and these people are flatout misleading you: look at all the people who ever had problems with the thing not booting up correctly ( ds saying there is no card ). Its unacceptably common, that failure rate seems to be pretty high on a particular batch of M3s that might be the one you got. As far as I can tell anybody who experiences the "card not recognized" problem can also experience the "no power at all" problem which can potentially brick the DS. Those are a lot more common than just "3 people" on this board and you know where it might lead.

Yes many of them do work, but you'll notice right away is a cheaply constructed product: the gba and rumble packs wont fit correctly and feel odd, the M3DS won't have the little plastic guides on the connectors making it likely to go in incorrectly and short out the DS ( which can eventually blow up either the fuse or the entire board like in my case ).

Use at your own risk, or at least know a place that could do cheap repairs ( a guy only charged me 40 bucks to replace the entire board but im pretty sure its probably more expensive than that but he had to do it like that since he was a few days behind in my repair )

You're the one trying to mislead him. You're trying to get him all paranoid and shit for no good reason.

Not cool man.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.