Hacking Bricked Wii

Vampir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I just received a Wii from a friend which was softmodded and was bricked when NeoGamma tried to run a game.

After I received the Wii it only showed black screen. Wii had Priiloader installed and I was able to enter it by holding Reset. I run HBC from Priiloader and tried fixing the problem by updating to System Menu 4.2 (already way at 4.2). Used the files from softmod guide here.
Unfortunately after update I didn't install either cIOS or Priiloader because I simply forgot that when updating they are erased. Basically after resetting either System Menu or Priiloader work.

What else can I try to fix beside opening and installing a mod chip? Any idea what could have caused the brick? Softmod was working fine for a few months, Priiloader had disable updates so updating was not supposed to be possible.

Vampir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Well I can't tell for certain, but I cam certain that he didn't put any SD card in. So basically he could have played with settings or tried updating.

Posts merged

C.S.I. said:
Dont see how a Modchip is going to help.

Does it have bootmii installed as boot2 ??

Otherwise I think you are in BIG trouble.

Maybe by setting modchip to autoboot and running a game that would update the Wii.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
mmmmm

Did you not fix you black screen after you installed system menu 4.2 and iso70 i take it?

The fault sounds to me like the bluetooth is out of place, check this first and you may find the Heath screen comes back on, did you have bootmii installed?

If you cant fix it, will have to be a nandflash betwiin job mate

Check out my
"How to brick a Wii 101"

sirelboe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
black screen when trying to load both priiloader and wii menu on startup without boot2 = brick
lecture.gif

probably nothing u can do cuz the nand is curropt and cant launch either of those, u need to get into the bootmii menu somehow with priiloader or HBC.. and since your locked out of the only 2 ways to get there theres nothing u can do..AFAIK

only way might be to send it back to nintendo and tell them when u did an official system update it went black.. and they miiight replace or fix it.

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Bricked my wii as well, and I don't want to make a new thread about it.
I have the most boring brick though.. The power went out during a firmware update.. and now I get the "Corrupted files" error -.-
I have a wiikey installed if that helps. Am i screwed?

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
XFlak said:
can u get to the health screen and did u previously have cios249 rev14 or higher installed?

if so, u should be able to use the brick fixing disc from here

I'm assuming u dont have bootmii as boot2... correct?

I'm pretty sure I don't have bootmii as boot2. I get the health screen and can even reach the main Wii menu if I don't have any discs inserted. I am not sure if I have cios249 rev14 installed, but it's possible. I'll try the brick fix disc.

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
XFlak said:
if u can reach the main wii menu without any discs, can u also get to the HBC (or if u r missing the homebrew channel, can u launch banner bomb)

I haven't gotten the HBC installed, because I formatted my Wii the same day it bricked on me -.-
And I don't really know what banner bomb is :S

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Okey, suddenly I could access the settings and I had to update the Wii "the nintendo way". (Tried the bannerbomb, got an error while installing homebrew channel.)
So now that I am on the official nintendo 4.2E firmware (BUT have the wiikey installed). What do I need to do to make my Wii "fully homebrew compatable"? Just install the homebrew channel normally? Or do I have to go through some kind of downgrade?

Please don't go mad on me and say "READ THE DAMN STICKYS"
tongue.gif

Dakota76

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I also have a bricked wii
quite a while back
and didnt want to start a new thread
my situation is this
i did some system updates the one that enabled the sd card access
which disabled my preloader
the wii bricked after i tried the menu theme
the wii was softmodded
all i get is a black screen now
is there anyway to fix it

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so you must of updated to 4.1 because thats the system menu that was the first enabled SDHC support and added the possibility to launch channels on an SD card!

so that deleted your preloader and you installed a theme! which in turn bricked your wii!

My questions are:

What theme?
Where did you get?
Did you make it?
Did you make sure it was for your system menu version?
Did you have a cIOS of any-type installed? (waninkoko cIOS249/250, hermes 222)
When you say it was softmodded how was your wii softmodded? (cioscorps, softmii, trb, dopios-mod)
When you turn on your wii does it go instantly to black screen or show anything else?
when you say you updated first how did you do so tell me if it was through nintendo or did you download the wads and do it yourself? (tell me your entire process/tools used)
can you access the rescue menu with a svemii or svemii free? have you tride?

when theses questions are answered I will do my best to help you if your wii can be helped!

-kitt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...