Hacking bricked wii

utterchaos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all, my brother was softmodding his wii, not to the 4.2 thing but to 4.1 using the guides on here all worked fine, till he went to the shop channel said there was a update, he did not do this update as i mentioned to him about the 4.2 going about, so looked on here a was to use the shop, i found a guide that mentioned using the WiiSCU which he got and i emailed him a copy of the guide about it, now he said he selected all the ios updates and the shop channel and then restarted his wii, and it is just a green power light and nothing else, i am unsure what he has done, he had preloader on there as it was installed as part of the softmodding bit, and as far as i recall you hold the reset button on powerup to get into it, but he is saying that it is not doing anything, i am not there untill tommro but i think he could have killed his wii, is there a way to get into it again? can a mod chip be installed will this work?

thanks

what about autoboot discs, what are there out there that can be tried

UC

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you had it install ALL the IOS updates? It was only necessary to update IOS61 to get the newest Shop Channel working. If something went wrong during an install of IOS60 that could be what screwed things up...

utterchaos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am not too sure as it was all done over the phone, so i am unsure what happened, i can try and install a wiifree type chip in it tommrow if that is likely to help, but all he has said to me is that it is just sitting there with a black screen and a green light, and preloader is not loading up,

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiSCU always grabs the latest version of the IOS, even if it's a stub. In other words, when IOS60 was updated via WiiSCU, it got turned into a stub IOS. Since 4.0/4.1 uses IOS60, the Wii is screwed unless BootMii as boot2 exists.

It ought to be easy to lie about an update issue; 4.2 has successfully ruined many unhacked Wiis.
tongue.gif

uimy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
WiiSCU always grabs the latest version of the IOS, even if it's a stub. In other words, when IOS60 was updated via WiiSCU, it got turned into a stub IOS. Since 4.0/4.1 uses IOS60, the Wii is screwed unless BootMii as boot2 exists.

It ought to be easy to lie about an update issue; 4.2 has successfully ruined many unhacked Wiis.
tongue.gif

Ah, so WiiSCU downloads the latest IOS as in the IOS from 4.2? so in other words Nintendo made IOS60 useless and are using IOS70 for the system menu now correct? resulting in a bricked system without bootmii on boot2 with a nand backup right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.