Hacking bricked wii :(

damon66

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok a long time ago i soft modded my wii with twilight hack. recently my family got wii fit, when i put the disc in, the wii had to update. so i stupidly hit update, and now when i turn on my wii it just stays at the black signal screen, nothing happens. and i have to press the three buttons down to shut it off. is there any way to fix it?

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What means, you have no idea? Since you wrote, you softmodded the Wii "long time ago", it might be Big N time. Means; you'll have to send your Wii in for repair.

There is no other way to my knowledge. Maybe somebody else knows more than me...

Edit: ...didn't thought of SaveMiiFrii.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
damon66 said:
ok a long time ago i soft modded my wii with twilight hack. recently my family got wii fit, when i put the disc in, the wii had to update. so i stupidly hit update, and now when i turn on my wii it just stays at the black signal screen, nothing happens. and i have to press the three buttons down to shut it off. is there any way to fix it?

If you have preloader (and its still functioning), then holding down reset immediately after switch on will bring you to preloader menu

damon66

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i dont remember i dont think i put any of that on. the only think i had was like stuff for emulators. nintendo is going to charge me like 100 dollars i bet.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damon66 said:
yeah i dont remember i dont think i put any of that on. the only think i had was like stuff for emulators. nintendo is going to charge me like 100 dollars i bet.

Or $200 according to Bushing's blog!

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
zektor said:
damon66 said:

Or $200 according to Bushing's blog!

They're charging £195 (approx $318) in the UK, for repair with Homebrew traces

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You should be fine, a black screen at startup usually means that not even nintendo will be able to get access to whats on your nand

damon66

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love how the stupid ass system costs 250 but its 200 to fix it. nintendo sucks dick. in the event they find out about modding will i get into any legal troubles.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I doubt it, if they are offering to repair a HB modded wii. They've hiked the price to attempt to secure sales of more consoles. As long as you have original games, then there's no no reason why you can't own backups/ROMs

Satan2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
According to the other posts, if you did not install bootmii neither preloader, you're pretty stuck. I knew bushing was working on a semi brick recovery device (before bootmii) but i don't know if it did goes somewhere.

I advise you to send it to repair, if they cant even access menu, i don't think they will see the soft modded parts.

Everyone should install bootmii or preloader before installing custom channels & stuff...

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cheaper to buy drivekey and use the recovery disc? i don't know if its possible in this situation, just a suggestion, drivekey about $70 usd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro