Hacking Bricked wii worth buying?

Walker D

I have a hat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, a local seller has a said bricked wii for a good price ...he says that he tried updating the softmod with a dubious updater that he got in the place he initially bought the wii. He doesn't knows much about softmod at all
It shows a black screen when it's turned on.

There's something that would make it fixable, and then, a good deal to me?
I would give the seller instructions to verify if Preeloader is installed before anything ...but he certainly has no nand dump of any kind (don't know if I could use, if needed, one from another wii ..but I guess not)..

So yeah ..hope someone can make it more clear to me, so I don't buy some trash :P

Walker D

I have a hat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Afaik, you need at least your NAND keys.

If it doesn't have Priiloader/BootMii installed (BootMii boot2 has a blue blinking disctray light when it powers) then I'd leave it for what it is.
Priiloader/BootMii he probably has actually ..I could get a Nand dump later, if I could pass the black screen and get to homebrew channel with preeloader maybe.. ..but I guess that wouldn't matter right?
I doubt that he would have a a nand dump's backup ..but seems like his wii is boot2 compatible, since his Serial No is LU318827429

..not sure about the blue blinking that you said ..my wii seems to do that and it's not a boot2 one...
Edit: Kinda off topic, but, I got curious and did a sysCheck
Code:
Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.0U (v417)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 2007.02.13
Homebrew Channel 1.0.0 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 103062919
Boot2 v3
Found 92 titles.
Found 46 IOS on this console. 3 of them are stub.
does that "Boot2 v3" means my wii accepts boot2 or something?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If he has BootMii at startup then the disc drive should blink blue.
I don't know if Priiloader also does that..
Never installed Priiloader.

You can check your Wii if it's boot2 compatible by just booting up the hackmii installer.
If it says your boot1 is vulnerable then you can install it as boot2, otherwise you'll be forced to use it as IOS.

As for that bricked Wii.
If it has BootMii then it might be possible to boot to the HBC via Bootmii.

I know very little about Wii Hacking, only the very basics ;p

Walker D

I have a hat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yup ..thanks :)

By what I have seem from the softmods made by stores around here, bootMii and priiloader are generally there.
But I was curious about this kind of brick ...thought that someone familiar to this black screens could give some explanations... maybe he corrupted IOS60 on his dubious update ..don't know..
My main interest on this wii was that it seems to be boot2 compatible and the price ..but if i can't be sure about this case, I'll certainly not risk a buy

Edit: Could the problem be that he has the Priiloader option "Blackscreen at Wii System Menu startup" enable ?

and if the guy can boot to Priiloader, could it be somewhat fixable and worth a buy?

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Well if the Wii costs $10 or less then its a bargain any higher and its a rip off. $35 max for Wii 1 controller and all leads and irc. That's all they cost second hand now. Before you buy it take a bootmii ready sd around and test it simply.

Walker D

I have a hat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well if the Wii costs $10 or less then its a bargain any higher and its a rip off. $35 max for Wii 1 controller and all leads and irc. That's all they cost second hand now. Before you buy it take a bootmii ready sd around and test it simply.
The price is around 60 dollars with 2 wiimotes and nunshoks ...it's a good deal from where I live, no doubt.
But I'll not have the chance to test it before I buy it ..it's on a auction on mercadolivre (a ebay-like site) ...that means that I'll probably not buy it I guess :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(