Hacking bricked wii, with usb loader GX?

• Thread starter alezziuz
  • Start date
  • Views 8,089
  • Replies 12
A

alezziuz

Hi, i bricked my wii when launching for the first time the backup game donkey kong in the usbloader gx R938 i think. and it instantly crashed with a black screen. then i turn off-->on the wii, and ever black screen.

i have a 2008 PAL WII.
4.1 E
softmodded and wiikey-v1 chip
homebrew channel and priiloader
hermes 222 ...
i don't have the bootmii as boot2, only as ios.
green light.

the priiloader doesn't work, and i tried the savemiifrii but it doesn't work.

what can i do?

thanks

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunatly, I think you have fully bricked you wii, probably from some bug in USBloader GX, cios, or the game itself. From your post, I think your only option would be to send the wii out for nand reprogramming. Nand reprogramming will only work if you have your nand keys from bootmii backup or other method, or you wii is old enough to support boot2 bootmii. Deadlyfoez, Bad-Ad84, Streamlinehd can all reprogram your nand for you. Send your wii out for reprogramming if you can.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's kind of strange, I have never heard of a wii being inoperable without making any system changes. If you are sure that you didn't make any system changes, literally, the only logical solution is that a hardware got damaged.

mauifrog said:
Unfortunatly, I think you have fully bricked you wii, probably from some bug in USBloader GX, cios, or the game itself. From your post, I think your only option would be to send the wii out for nand reprogramming. Nand reprogramming will only work if you have your nand keys from bootmii backup or other method, or you wii is old enough to support boot2 bootmii. Deadlyfoez, Bad-Ad84, Streamlinehd can all reprogram your nand for you. Send your wii out for reprogramming if you can.

How exactly could USBloader GX, cios, or game itself brick a wii? Maybe I am being retarded, but we know a large number of things that causes interoperability of a wii. Can you at least provide a basic feasible solution to why something like this tend to one of those reasons why the wii is bricked (damaged system menu, mail brick, etc...). I am not saying your wrong, but this would be a learning experience if you can provide more details so we can at least not incorrectly diagnose a problem.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zetta_x said:
How exactly could USBloader GX, cios, or game itself brick a wii? Maybe I am being retarded, but we know a large number of things that causes interoperability of a wii. Can you at least provide a basic feasible solution to why something like this tend to one of those reasons why the wii is bricked (damaged system menu, mail brick, etc...). I am not saying your wrong, but this would be a learning experience if you can provide more details so we can at least not incorrectly diagnose a problem.

LOL, it sounds like you put that through a corporate-speak version of babelfish.
tongue.gif

There isn't a good understanding of why this is happening, but Mauifrog and a few others have seen several cases. Since an update to USB Loader GX hasn't been pushed in some time, I'm guessing it's a strange interaction between it and the newer versions of cIOS. The problem doesn't appear to be game-specific; the only common thread is USBLGX and presumably cIOS. It's a shame really, as USBLGX was my favorite loader for quite some time.

Things like this are probably one of the reasons TT has pushed for AHBPROT support instead of IOS patches and cIOS.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Zetta_x
I have no idea how it could happen, but when you run these apps they have full potential to corrupt the nand from some bug. Any app has to potential of fully bricking your wii from some unforeseen bug.

@OP
You should probably verify that you bluetooth module is working. Can you power you wii on with the wiimote? If not it is also possible that you bluetooth module is dead. You can further test with savemiifrii to see if your recovery menu is functional, which it would be if the module was bad.

A

alezziuz

hmm, okei...so i have no chances? autoboot discs? nothing with the wiikey? some way to make the "rescue menu" appear?

HM, yes i can power the wii with the remote!

i have the original gamecube controller, in the 4th, but i cannot access to the recovery menu...maybe i'am doing something wrong.

(sorry for the bad english,...i'm italian)

A

alezziuz

or, can i make my wiikey read the config disc when bricked?? so i can change the wiikey to read games with AUTOBOOT?

so i can use the smash stack for homebrew?

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you running fat32,Ntfs or wbfs? Does the Donkey Kong disc have update on it? Your in the states and you have a PAL wii? Have you got a NTSC copy of the game ?
Did you disconnect all power and leads then reconnect and leave the SD card out and try again?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I also bricked my first Wii while using USB Loader GX. I didn't start a game however, I was in the loader with the list of all the games and then I turned off the Wii with the remote. After that it didn't start again, same symptoms as the OP's Wii. I tried everything but NAND programming and ended up buying a new Wii and changing to Wiiflow, just in case it really is GX that caused the brick. I am using a wbfs drive.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
What i am seeing is what seems like a complete NAND failure and only coincidence that people are useing GX at the same time!
And another thing is standbuy mode over heats the WII and there is no FAN on to cool it down so its already hot before you even start to play.

A

alezziuz

cobleman said:
Are you running fat32,Ntfs or wbfs? Does the Donkey Kong disc have update on it? Your in the states and you have a PAL wii? Have you got a NTSC copy of the game ?
Did you disconnect all power and leads then reconnect and leave the SD card out and try again?

FAT 32
i don't know if it has the update, i didn't try
i have a pal wii and it is a backup game
yes i disconnect all and leave the sd card out...

but i think is a full brick, becouse i try savemiifrii a lot of times...and nothing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay