mrinvisible

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everybody !

I bricked my Wii.

I'm gonna try to explain everything I did.
I wanted to install Preloader to load automatically in CFG Usb Loader, then the installation of preloader failed and when I restarted I got the "Your system files are corrupted" message.
So I booted in HBC and Wad Manager and installed RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v482.wad on my US Wii. But it worked.
I got into the Wii System and tryed to go in the Configuration but there was an error about a missing HTML.
So I tried to install an older version of the System RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v288.wad. And now the Wii was black on startup.
No message no error just black. And the Wiimote didnt work anymore even in HBC. So I used a GC Wad Manager to put back the good version of the System Menu which is RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v481.wad but nothing worked.

Thanks in advance for helping me, its really appreciate !

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
v482 was the PAL menu, hence the settings issue. When you reinstalled v481 (4.2 for USA), did you install the IOS70?

Also, did you uninstall the menu at any point? If so, settings.txt is missing. Try "settings replace MOD" on wiibrew to put settings.txt back.

The SYSCONF will regenerate itself if its missing/corrupt. You'll know if it was missing because the first boot wizard will run.

mrinvisible

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
techboy said:
v482 was the PAL menu, hence the settings issue. When you reinstalled v481 (4.2 for USA), did you install the IOS70?

Also, did you uninstall the menu at any point? If so, settings.txt is missing. Try "settings replace MOD" on wiibrew to put settings.txt back.

The SYSCONF will regenerate itself if its missing/corrupt. You'll know if it was missing because the first boot wizard will run.
I installed 481 and then installed IOS70 trough DOP-ISO... I uninstalled all the 3 Wad I installed, the OLD one the 482 and 481 and then Installed 481.
I tried to put back the setting.txt with GC Setting FIX (I used the NTSC setting.txt) but no luck.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
this really is a testament to why you need to do a lot of research before you start screwing around with things!
It's like you're here now asking for help after the fact but you could've been here researching what to do and how to do it exactly before you jumped into hacking your wii.
Let this stand as a notice to everyone this has happened to, not just the creator of this topic.

mrinvisible

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2009/10/syst...e-tool-mod.html
This is the sollution for my problem, I already tried it with another version and I was having an error code.
With this version everything is perfect.
I putted my setting.ini in the boot.dol folder, started HBC and started the program.
He rewrite the setting.ini to the NAND and everything is fine !

Thanks to Techboy for the help and RchUncleSkeleton for its good advice !

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
mrinvisible said:
http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2009/10/syst...e-tool-mod.html
This is the sollution for my problem, I already tried it with another version and I was having an error code.
With this version everything is perfect.
I putted my setting.ini in the boot.dol folder, started HBC and started the program.
He rewrite the setting.ini to the NAND and everything is fine !

Thanks to Techboy for the help and RchUncleSkeleton for its good advice !

haha glad you got it fixed...but seriously people need to do a fair amount of research before trying to hack their wii!

shaq486

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
DeadlyFoez said:
Ok, so do you have bootmii installed to boot2??

OK....noob question. If by any chance I bricked my Wii (either semibrick , or error 003 brick , or full brick aka black screen), if I have installed previously an Preloader or Bootmii as boot2, I have a chance to unbrick it? I mean it does work anymore the preloader or the bootmii ?
Thank You.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
shaq486 said:
DeadlyFoez said:

OK....noob question. If by any chance I bricked my Wii (either semibrick , or error 003 brick , or full brick aka black screen), if I have installed previously an Preloader or Bootmii as boot2, I have a chance to unbrick it? I mean it does work anymore the preloader or the bootmii ?
Thank You.

if you have bootmii as a boot2 and you have you nand backed up you should be able to restore the nand with the bootmii menu and have it working just fine. That is granted you can get the wii to even boot at all.

shaq486

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
RchUncleSkeleton said:
shaq486 said:
DeadlyFoez said:

Thank You.

if you have bootmii as a boot2 and you have you nand backed up you should be able to restore the nand with the bootmii menu and have it working just fine. That is granted you can get the wii to even boot at all.
Thank you for reply. But I'm on 3.3E and bootmii it does not install as boot2. The preloader does the same work? Or it's just limited? i heard that if you system menu is corrupt you cannot do anything with preloader even it's installed as boot2.

shaq486

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
DeadlyFoez said:
you need to do some more in depth reading. Preloader never gets installed to boot2. It installs itself in the boot process where the system menu normally is. Bootmii is completely different app.

I wont get into details about it but that should be enough to point you in the right direction.
Thank you !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-