Hacking Bricked Wii from Channel WAD

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
From that screen, you can run wad uninstaller:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2331

You need to have it burned to a DVD and be chipped (I think).
I don't know where to find an iso of wad uninstaller but I know there are copies floating around.

You burn the DVD (wad uninstaller) to auto boot, and place the bad wad on your sd card in a folder called wad. Put sd card in, put dvd in and power on, auto boot to uninstaller, re,move wad, reboot.

Note I *think this will work

*Edit read you don't have a mod chip, so try the tp way, that sounds good to me too
smile.gif

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just happened to me too. Same channel. Has anybody successfully used that version of the channel?

Jizmo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same Here with twilight princess, it don't boot.

Right after the 3.3(USA) screen it just goes all black as the disk starts to load then nothing after that.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Same Here with twilight princess, it don't boot.

Right after the 3.3(USA) screen it just goes all black as the disk starts to load then nothing after that.
looks like you've got over 3months wait
tongue.gif

that't bad wads for ya, and who is this suiscidal, is he NEW? yet you trusted his wad...?

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said he wasn't near a Wii to test it. He gave warning, I just didn't heed it very well.

theogre8u

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this sucks.. lol...

So i want to go over the steps again to make sure I'm right when I get a chance to try and fix this.

Currently I have a disc in the drive that won't eject.. I'm assuming I'll be able to eject it when I boot in to recovery mode.

so please correct this if there are any mistakes...

1. start wii in to recovery mode
1.a. hold d-pad of gcn controller (making sure all directions are being pressed)

2. eject already inserted game
2.a. insert twilight

3. shut down wii

4. place wad manager on root of sd card
4.a. rename boot.dol
4.b. place channel wad in to "wad" folder

5. boot in to recovery

6. uninstall wad

7. restart wii

8. hope it boots correctly?

Thanks for all your help and input.

Cheers.

Jizmo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next Step, need to figure out how to make an autoboot copy of twilight princess. I was expecting my original to be able to boot but that
was probably as foolish as trying to install this wad in the first place. Anybody know how to make the autoboot version of it already?

jimjim9001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think the best way 2do it is if u know someone with a chipped wii. if so swap the drives for a while and then use a autoboot dvd.

you r going to need to use autoboot in recovery menu and you can only do this with a chipped drive

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys,

First of all: you need a modchip in order to make savemiifrii/savemii to work

Second: When distributing WAD channels, please, COMPRESS the WAD file (RAR or ZIP)!!! This way you won't risk your Wii by trying to install a corrupted download (connection problems may happen and the download WAD is not completed or is corrupted at all): By compressing the WAD file, you won't be able do decompress it if it's corrupted, then you'll have to redownload it.

Well, just my 2 cents!
wink.gif

Best of luck!

Jizmo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like i might have to run to gamestop and pick up a used wii and set this one back for a while. First and last time i play
guinnea pig.

theogre8u

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jizmo said:
Looks like i might have to run to gamestop and pick up a used wii and set this one back for a while. First and last time i play
guinnea pig.

time to get my fiancé's back from her brothers.. lol.

Jizmo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since i bricked my WII today maybe it would be a good idea for me not to do any tinkering with my
ITouch tonight. Wouldn't wanna brick both in the same day.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
i think the best way 2do it is if u know someone with a chipped wii. if so swap the drives for a while and then use a autoboot dvd.
if my mate or brother had a problem which required a modchip, you know what i'd say....Go F**K yourself...its your own stupid fault, wait and buy a chip yourself.
who in the right mind would let someone re-open their wii to swap drives... i certainly wouldnt, but then a gain im a complete twat at times, and not helpful when i should be
tongue.gif
Its a jungle this world

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Jizmo, could you please post the file size, md5sum and original download link, so we can confirm that the WAD file wasn't completely downloaded or is corrupted?

Again, if the WAD file was compressed, your Wii would be alive now!
frown.gif

Edit: As djtaz didn't test the WAD before putting it online, then there is a possibility that it's a bad WAD. I think that its download link should be removed immediately until we confirm it's a good WAD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up