brian007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I tried restoring NAND and Boot0/1. Didn't use BrickMii to check fuse. Did I burn the fuse? Anyway to get Switch working again?

brian007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like only way for me to boot up is through Hekate. I cannot use the power button to turn on and run stock OFW. How do I fix.

DarthItachiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I tried restoring NAND and Boot0/1. Didn't use BrickMii to check fuse. Did I burn the fuse? Anyway to get Switch working again?

Is your console on the same firmware as the backup you made or did you update your console ??? Another thing .. is your backup splitted or is a full rawnand.bin of 29GB ..

Crusatyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like only way for me to boot up is through Hekate. I cannot use the power button to turn on and run stock OFW. How do I fix.
Did you backup your boot0/boot1 after installing autoRCM? This looks to be your problem. Send the hekate.bin file again, and under tools, disable autorcm and your Switch will start booting just fine.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark

It honestly sounds to me like your "problem" isn't really an actual problem. Do you have AutoRCM installed? Because if so, your Switch will only boot to "black screen" as it is in RCM mode, in which case you HAVE to use hekate to boot it, that's intended behavior. Also, the "stock" setting in Hekate IS ofw. The only thing it does is skip the fuse check, which happens before the firmware is even booted, so it's still ofw.

If you didn't install AutoRCM, then you might have a problem, but otherwise, things are working as they should.

brian007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have AutoRCM installed. I did backup the Boot0/1 and the NAND at the same time. I updated to the latest version of 6.0.1. I think the NAND might have been an older OFW version. Only way to get system working is to fiddle with the volume up/down and power button with RCM jig in place. I boot Hekate then use stock or payloader to get Switch working. When I turn off Switch and press power button to turn on doesn't work.

brian007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked via Print Fuse info. Says I have 7 burnt fuses. Can this be fixed? I am able to turn on the system by fiddling with the volume/power buttons. Sorry for all the n00bie questions.

Last edited by brian007,

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I checked via Print Fuse info. Says I have 7 burnt fuses. Can this be fixed? I am able to turn on the system by fiddling with the volume/power buttons. Sorry for all the n00bie questions.

I think 7 burned fuses corresponds to a 6.x firmware version, in which case you cannot boot a lower firmware version without using Hekate because you have burned too many fuses. Which version is the Nand backup that you did?

Actually I just saw that you said you upgraded to 6.0.1, so your fuse count checks out that way.

Reactions: proffk

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
According to switchbrew the expected number of burnt fuses (retail OFW) for 6.0.1 is 7 (https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses). It appears that your nand backup is for a lower FW and you somehow updated your NSW using the 6.0.1 OFW & this has burnt your fuses preventing you to downgrade. Maybe you need to be on the correct FW as your nand backup for the restore to happen. No one has mentioned this as far as I can see.

Last edited by proffk,

brian007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NAND backup was 5.0.1. Same goes for the Boot0/1. When I did the restore, I noticed I couldn't turn on the system. So I played with the power/volume buttons. I put my payloader in and was able to get Hekate working. I ended up normally updated to 6.0.1 OFW via internet. Still running into turning the system power on as normal.

Edit: Briccmiiv2 showing all keys : PUBKEY CORRECT (NORMAL)! With updating to 6.0.1 did that update the Boot0/1?

Last edited by brian007,

Emeraldman94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NAND backup was 5.0.1. Same goes for the Boot0/1. When I did the restore, I noticed I couldn't turn on the system. So I played with the power/volume buttons. I put my payloader in and was able to get Hekate working. I ended up normally updated to 6.0.1 OFW via internet. Still running into turning the system power on as normal.

Edit: Briccmiiv2 showing all keys : PUBKEY CORRECT (NORMAL)! With updating to 6.0.1 did that update the Boot0/1?

Did you ever figure this out? Im in the same boat. My switch is HAVING the same problem and I restored to backup before as well and my fuse count is 7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.