Hacking Bricked my Wii I'm gonna cry

madcow043

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so My wii is twilight hacked wiht the HBC, but my dumb brother formatted the system for some retarded reason, now all that shows up is that preloader menu (including HBC) what can I do to restore my Wii, please this was my brother's birthday gift and I feel really bad for him. I need any kind of help, what should i do. Ok so Im not a pro but what I thought was to go to the CIOS downgrader and select a firmware version, I tried that but couldn't because there is no connection to the internet, however if I could change the settings then I could probably install the firmware. (PS. I don't even know if this will work) any other suggestions?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well if you have Preloader you're fine, just make sure you don't unistall it. Im going to bed but someone will help in a few minutes. If not, use the search function. None of the stickies really help since they use Starfall.

D

Deleted User

eh like......

You have preloader?

But you just did twilight hack and hbc.

Anyway... try booting a hbc installer dol (or WAD Manager) to install HBC. Then, install a system menu WAD (Don't ask for this. version 289 for US and 290 for PAL)

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
If you still have Preloader then you'll be fine. If it was formatted, then you don't need that downgrading stuff. You'll need to fix whatever is missing/corrupt.

I wouldn't want to install another System Menu wad, since you have at least the main part (which is Preloader) and it would be risky to chance losing that.

So loading the menu doesn't work at all? Does HBC work, or perhaps autobooting dols?

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
Can the wii still boot games though some sort of backup loader on the homebrew channel?

You probably have a semi brick.

I believe there's a lot of guides here on how to fix a bricked or semi bricked Wii.

madcow043

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WB3000 said:
If you still have Preloader then you'll be fine. If it was formatted, then you don't need that downgrading stuff. You'll need to fix whatever is missing/corrupt.

I wouldn't want to install another System Menu wad, since you have at least the main part (which is Preloader) and it would be risky to chance losing that.

So loading the menu doesn't work at all? Does HBC work, or perhaps autobooting dols?

Yes HBC fully works, and yes .dols files work, what should i do next?

D

Deleted User

try booting into system menu, if that works fine, then you just need to set the autoboot.

If it does not, boot ARC 1.1b mod05, and install 3.2. And re-install Preloader

madcow043

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
afif95 said:
try booting into system menu, if that works fine, then you just need to set the autoboot.

If it does not, boot ARC 1.1b mod05, and install 3.2. And re-install Preloader

sorry your instructions are a bit unclear or im a total newby, what is ARC1.1b , and where do i install 3.2?

D

Deleted User

You use Any Region Changer 1.1b mod05 to install 3.2

Google that app up. Or search here./

EpicPhailure

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use ARC (AnyRegionChanger 1.1) to reinstall 3.2 of watever region u have. that should work and get your system menu working again

madcow043

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EpicPhailure said:
use ARC (AnyRegionChanger 1.1) to reinstall 3.2 of watever region u have. that should work and get your system menu working again

So do I just put that Any Region Changer 1.1b mod05.dol file on the root of my SD card and thats it? or do i have to also put another file with it?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
he doesn't have internet connection, he can't use that app, what you need is to install the SysMenu.wad 3.2...!!!
wink.gif

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you're allowed to ask for systemfiles on GBAtemp. Just go search google for a v289 wad and install it with wad manager.
-download wad manager
-rename .dol to boot.dol and put it into you SD card
-it should look like root/apps/wadmanager/boot.dl
-download teh v289 wad and put it in a folder named wad in the root of your SD card
-root/wad/v289_whatever.wad

Boot to HBC, launch wad manager and install teh system file

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Search for semi-brick fix disk over @ hackmii.com.
Make sure to get the apropriate region.

Then, using wiiscrubber, extract the systemmenu wad and copy it to: /sd root/WAD
Now use WadManager to install the wad.

EDIT: Just realised... If you weren't on 3.2 before your brick, also extract ios30 and install that first !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8