Homebrew Question Bricked My Switch Can Someone Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These users should have already been banned, just another example of how incompetent the moderators here are. I can give you another example of how incompetent they are. They preach how sharing pirated/copyright content is against the rules, but if you support them on patreon you are above the rules and are allowed to share whatever you want without any issues.

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
These users should have already been banned, just another example of how incompetent the moderators here are. I can give you another example of how incompetent they are. They preach how sharing pirated/copyright content is against the rules, but if you support them on patreon you are above the rules and are allowed to share whatever you want without any issues.
JellyPerson is suspended. Stop whining and let the thread progress in a way that might actually benefit those who had to deal with our actions.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aight lets stop arguing now, it won't do anything. But try to find a solution for the people without nand backups. It must be someway to fake the prodinfo or heck even somehow flash the eMMC with new made up keys so it accepts them. It's a hell of a job I know, but nothing is impossible.

How about we start by banning the 2 fucking idiots who are responsible?? Is that too much to ask?

They have no place here and no place in civilised society. You both deserve everything you have coming! I for one hope your pathetic existence is short.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
yes, cell, why?
I got an odd idea... it's probably WAAAY out there and probably wont work.

But what happens if you flash in another persons backup in the Switch? He got tools and know how I guess. Then it would in theory be possible.

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
I got an odd idea... it's probably WAAAY out there and probably wont work.

But what happens if you flash in another persons backup in the Switch? He got tools and know how I guess. Then it would in theory be possible.
Usually that wouldn't work, but the thing is if you reencrypt it with your bis keys, it may work.

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought 2 Nintendo switches (Diablo3 and Smash Bros) getting a 3rd Black Thursday. I was researching what the Switch scene is like and in disbelief. Not over a bricking file, but how GBATemp is content with it.

The sole reason to be a member here since Xbox 360 days was the credibility and integrity GBATemp has over other sites. For the most part, members are extremely helpful and willing to help another member. When 2 members cause such chaos in the forum community here, GBtemp should be swift in taking action to silent and remove them from causing anymore harm.

Here is my take: It wasn't my Switch.. so suck it up and get over it.. If it was my Switch.. You SOB's should die and rot in hell!!!

Seriously now, Backup is the key to the problem and solution. BUT when 2 members on a respected site goes out of their way to mislead others in trusting them since they are also members on the trusting site, that makes them at fault. This was not a random find on a spam central/pop up ad site to where extreme caution is to be used, this was being promoted here where members are more relaxed with trust.

I bricked one of my Old 3DS from accidently removing backup nand before dropping it on the pc. It sucks, but my fault all the way. To have a member from a site I respect to maliciously mislead me to deliberately brick my system deserves no respect or mercy from GBATemp and its members.

Carry On :)

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people are acting like they are consumers of a product and they are in their right to ask for compensation or something.

Like. I hope you can seriously realize how ironical that is. You're violating the law by doing what you're doing, the very least you could do is be careful.
You're getting burned for doing piracy wrong, nobody is going to defend you in court.

YeetedOn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What an absolute fiesta, jesus.
Obviously trying to download "leaked" games from some untrustworthy providers is stupid, but they can't be responsible for all of this shit because of the fact that they did not backup their NAND.
Those who intentionally created this and caused the whole drama must face consequences. In some states such act involving destruction of program/databases might be qualifed as a criminal act, so who knows.
Although doxxing is another question. It should NOT happen. /s

Reactions: andyhappypants

therocker12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
are you guys seriously believing in a fix
So, please don't accept this as a surefire thing but I may possibly have a small idea of how to fix this. Working on it right now and you'll have to repeat it over and over again since it has a low chance of working.
Don't accept this as true just yet, since I'm not finished...

you seriously think anyone with a working brain is trusting you again by downloading something you had your hands in? :P

Reactions: Devin

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
ENOUGH!

Right now @Creatable is trying to right his mistake. Both (all?) parties should learn from this experience.
Also if @Creatable method work, he might just manage to repair a shit loads of Switches that didn't die because of his "prank"....

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

therocker12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ENOUGH!

Right now @Creatable is trying to right his mistake. Both (all?) parties should learn from this experience.
Also if @Creatable method work, he might just manage to repair a shit loads of Switches that didn't die because of his "prank"....

trusting the person that is responsible for this mess with a fix? on top of that he bloats on discord servers how cool he is and that he works on even other things to hurt peoples switches? seriously? anyone that still touches any file created by that dude is so unbelievable stupid that you cannot have any sympathy for anymore

Last edited by therocker12,

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
trusting the person that is responsible for this mess with a fix? on top of that he bloats on discord servers how cool he is and that he works on even other things to hurt peoples switches? seriously?
You can't kill an already dead Switch....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce +1