Question Bricked My Switch Can Someone Help?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Ka_Ninja, Nov 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mthodmn101

Mthodmn101 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    If I was a mod on a website where a user created software specifically targeting users of said site, that user would be banned on sight. This is not the first time this user has done this.

hybrid -x1 likes this.
  2. Creatable

Creatable GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 10, 2017
    United States
    (insert wacky and amusing place here)
    This wasn't targeted to GBATemp since GBATemp doesn't have any warez.
    It was made for BlackUmbrella since they stole scene releases from a Discord server I administrate.

comput3rus3r likes this.
  3. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

Jun 26, 2015
    I get that, perhaps banning decisions happen at a higher level. It's unclear to be sure and yes I'd be of the same mind as yourself. What they did was disgusting.

4. deinonychus71

deinonychus71 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 12, 2008
    United States
    Chicago
    How? You've been lucky, that's it. Over a year without backups is asking for trouble. But again the biggest issue is that you guys are acting like consumers for a legit product. It's not a legit product. There are no guarantees, nowhere, and this community is nice enough to provide you with tons of hours of free work to help you get started.
    There is no "mandatory" thing cause you're doing hacking, you're not outside of Nintendo careful hands, heck you're stealing from Nintendo. People are nice enough to tell you every single step of the way what you SHOULD do, but ultimately this is YOUR decision. If you're actually a dev then it's really concerning that you would decide to skip these recommendations for such a long time.
    Again if you're a dev, you're probably very aware that malicious people are everywhere on the internet. If you (hopefully) take the time to protect your computer against such attacks, why wouldn't you be doing that for a console as well? How hard is it to understand that when you circumvent security to install unsigned stuff, there is no longer said "security" and any app will be able to do whatever the hell it wants?

You can scream all day and night that these people are atrocious, but none of your complains will ever hold any ground in any sort of court because you're doing something clearly identified as illegal in the first place. You didn't get burnt for homebrew, you got burnt for trying to pirate an unreleased game. It's not a nice feeling but owning the responsibility is the first step to healing.

I WISH GbaTemp would actually hold up to their own words and not condone piracy, as it is so clearly the case here. This mess wouldn't be happening with people who are there for homebrew. When you're not starving to the point of needing to pirate something that isn't even out yet, you have more time to think about the dangerous situations you put yourself in.

SuzieJoeBob, Garro and northnorth like this.
  5. Mthodmn101

Mthodmn101 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    How many users of Umb do you think also has an account or views GBATemp? Still waiting for your ban.. what is going on mods? You really cannot be this dumb

hybrid -x1 likes this.
  6. therocker12

therocker12 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2018
    Germany
    you notice though that this whole "hit" targeted the wrong people? dont get me wrong. im with you with these trashbags that want to cash in on piracy by putting the links behind adfly. but to them it does not matter. they will still do that in 2 years even if they spread brickcode. this whole thing only hit the "innocent" and the people that you were after are not affected by it one bit.

peteruk likes this.
  7. andyhappypants

andyhappypants Pika!

Jul 27, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Devon
    You clearly dont give a fuck do you?
    That site didnt steal scene releases! Some of its members did. You got the wrong people douchebag! Just like the wrong people want your head on a plate!

Maximilious, Treeko and Ka_Ninja like this.
  8. therocker12

therocker12 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2018
    Germany
    +1 exactly how it is

Ka_Ninja likes this.
  9. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Oh yay this community is amazing

10. MightyMoe

MightyMoe GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2018
    Qatar
    And bricking innocent people's switch is your way of getting back at someone who "stole" something from your discord server? you sad pathetic waste of oxygen. I hope you get anal cancer.

11. Biff627

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    ffs youre just as bad as him for saying that.

SuzieJoeBob and Equalz like this.
  12. MightyMoe

MightyMoe GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2018
    Qatar
    Really? I am? Did I destroy your property? Did I waste hundreds of hours of your time on save files that are now gone? Did I release this brick code in the wild so that everyone can use it now? No? Okay then.

andyhappypants likes this.
  13. Biff627

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Im sure I would be just as upset, but you know why I wouldnt be even if I did run it? I made a nand backup :) Tough luck. Better go buy another console.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Did you make a backup? lol

Im not defending him, but telling him to go die is pretty terrible. IDGAF what happened. Not your right to tell him you hope he suffers and is a waste of oxygen.

Last edited by Biff627, Nov 14, 2018
  14. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    I know I called you out harshly but now I understand a little more of the backstory.

15. deinonychus71

deinonychus71 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 12, 2008
    United States
    Chicago
    Nobody innocent got bricked.

SuzieJoeBob and Garro like this.
  16. Equalz

Equalz Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2018
    Netherlands
    I just think you shouldn't publicly ask him to get cancer.

Biff627 likes this.
  17. Creatable

Jul 10, 2017
    United States
    That's why I regret it

peteruk likes this.
  18. Biff627

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    People that do bad things get punished :)

deinonychus71 likes this.
  19. Creatable

Jul 10, 2017
    United States
    It's still not right because it hit the wrong people, innocent people.
    BlackUmbrella shares a very large userbase with GBATemp, so they overlapped and this happened.
    This is still completely unexcusable.

comput3rus3r and peteruk like this.
  20. hybrid -x1

hybrid -x1 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2009
    United States
    I'm one of those users. I've been a member of D-U since 2010 and once upon a time a moderator and apart of the daily poll team. In other words I was staff.
    So for them to do something like that to a community is LOW even if it was over "stolen" scene releases. That's so stupid and childish. They should of taken up the issue with said uploaders not the WHOLE forum of D-U anad TBH I don't believe it was just for "BlackUmbrella" because I saw a few of those brick code nsp's pop up on a few other forums I visit. In other words THEY knew this shit was gonna spread like fire by innocent uploaders seeing the disguised brick nsp and uploading them for their own forum and communities. THEY intended to harm folks even outside of D-U.

This isn't even about it targeting "blackumbrella" or whatever because I would feel the same if it was targeting gbatemp, wiiYOUiso, etc. This is just F'd up and the fact that GBAtemp mods haven't banned this dude is what amazes me. In the past you could just mention a warez site and you'd be warned/banned and here we have some punk virgin's who literally (and intentionally) bricked people's switch DURING holiday season mind you...

And they aren't banned.

Last edited by hybrid -x1, Nov 14, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.