Hacking Bricked (maybe) NS

Ale922

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this doesn't belong here. If it doesn't please move to the appropriate place.

So, short story, I bought a used NS online since my kids use the one in the living room, I wanted one for myself. Just got it and when I turn it on, the nintendo logo comes on, then the switch logo and then an error that says "Could not start the software" and the option "OK" ( I'm new, I can't post a pic) Every single time.

If I connect the joycons, they sync, and when pressing buttons I can hear the system sounds, but nothing happens. I can only click ok and then it shuts off.

If I Dock the NS it shows up on the TV, but same issue.

I entered the recovery menu, and I can't update since it says there is no available update( it's on the latest firmware) but I can connect to wifi.

I tried initializing, and it completes quickly, then restarts and I get the same error.

Any thoughts other than returning to the seller?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this doesn't belong here. If it doesn't please move to the appropriate place.

So, short story, I bought a used NS online since my kids use the one in the living room, I wanted one for myself. Just got it and when I turn it on, the nintendo logo comes on, then the switch logo and then an error that says "Could not start the software" and the option "OK" ( I'm new, I can't post a pic) Every single time.

If I connect the joycons, they sync, and when pressing buttons I can hear the system sounds, but nothing happens. I can only click ok and then it shuts off.

If I Dock the NS it shows up on the TV, but same issue.

I entered the recovery menu, and I can't update since it says there is no available update( it's on the latest firmware) but I can connect to wifi.

I tried initializing, and it completes quickly, then restarts and I get the same error.

Any thoughts other than returning to the seller?

Can you please stop saying ''NS''
And clearly, it is to be returned.

Reactions: smileyhead

Ale922

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try downloading a demo from the E-shop. This way you can see if it is a faulty cartridge or Switch.
The issue is the console, I can't even get to the main menu. If I put a game in it, I'm still at the error screen

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a Nyko docking station? People have been having issues with the Nyko dock frying their consoles.

Have you tried a hard reset to see if it changes anything? In portable mode, when the screen shows "okay" after syncing the controllers, hold the power button until the console shuts off and continue to hold for another 5 seconds, then turn the console on.

Ale922

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a Nyko docking station? People have been having issues with the Nyko dock frying their consoles.

Have you tried a hard reset to see if it changes anything? In portable mode, when the screen shows "okay" after syncing the controllers, hold the power button until the console shuts off and continue to hold for another 5 seconds, then turn the console on.
No, I'm using it o n the original dock. I've tried a hard reset and same result. Wondering if when a new update cones out and I can actually update the console, it might start up.

Is there any way to manually install a firmware on the console?

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, I'm using it o n the original dock. I've tried a hard reset and same result. Wondering if when a new update cones out and I can actually update the console, it might start up.

Is there any way to manually install a firmware on the console?

"Something indeed useful:

• Power off the console
  • Press POWER button + volume up + volume down at the same time
  • Release all buttons when the Switch logo appears.
  • Welcome to the Recovery Mode, you can also update."

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

• Power off the console
He already said he can enter recovery, but it doesn't help

Ale922

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

• Power off the console
I can enter recovery mode. And when i try to update it days im already in the latest firmware. And if I try to initialize, the same error appears after the restart

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Did you try the factory reset options from the recovery?

Probably won't do anything if a hard reset didn't help, but you never know.

Ale922

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try the factory reset options from the recovery?

Probably won't do anything if a hard reset didn't help, but you never know.
Yeah, I tried that. I think I can wait for an update and see if that fixes it or send it to nintendo

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I tried that. I think I can wait for an update and see if that fixes it or send it to nintendo

Well, Just call nintendo and tell them you updated it and it just started doing it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did you buy it off of ebay? I, tbh, will no longer trust ebay since most things I get from there that are expensive arrive broken or break in a few months :/ One of my switches ended up having issues and I got it from ebay :/ Im just gonna stick with gamestop or bestbuy from now on with those types of purchases

Its sad that someone would just sell something like that at full price or more....

Last edited by Lumince,

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you bought it online you can get your cash back with the majority of transactions. I would say if someone has scammed you, I would opt for that as your first option, not some work around. If like you say you just bought it, its the absolute most obvious option ;), I definitely wouldn't let some asshole get away with that. Try to contact your bank and go with the chargeback option, unless he sold it with the information you've provided?

Last edited by Jackson98,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Just call nintendo and tell them you updated it and it just started doing it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did you buy it off of ebay? I, tbh, will no longer trust ebay since most things I get from there that are expensive arrive broken or break in a few months :/ One of my switches ended up having issues and I got it from ebay :/ Im just gonna stick with gamestop or bestbuy from now on with those types of purchases

Its sad that someone would just sell something like that at full price or more....
My friend bought a new one in a local store here for 330eur with no games and he bought Zelda online and 2 days after the console was also broken, it was giving a high pitch sound even with all volume off.

He ended up returning it to the store and bought a PSVR instead lol so the 70eur Zelda he can't play anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: