My configuration :

- NO mod chip
- System Menu 4.1E by Wakinko.
- Cios rev 14 by Wakinko
- Starpatch 4.1
- Homebrew channel
- Wad manager 1.5
- UsbLoaderGX 1.0

This morning I try to install a new fowarder for Fceugx emulator with Wad manager 1.5... The first version I make and install was working. After I try to build a new one with different pictures but after installing it I got a Banner-brick...

I have a copy of the corrupt wad on my SD card, I order a GC pad today but some questions still without answers :/

I hope I can boot on Recovery Menu... but after ? How I launch a .dol ? Can I launch a Wadmanager autoboot iso without modchip ?

I'm on system menu 4.1E can I use the Zelda Hack to launch .dol ?

Thanks for your answers and sorry for my english...

L_Buddha

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well your making your own wads very nice. Of course you did install pre-loader right? Hold Reset while Wii is booting and Pre-loader menu should come up. Go to Homebrew from there and run Wad Manager and remove the Wad that bricked you.

The Stack Smash exploit in SSMB is the only way if you dont have it. If you have a mod chip on order (need mod chip to autoboot the game). YOu can use this exploit in Brawl to run a .dol in the root of SD Card. The .dol you would run would be wad manager to remove the bad Wad.

l_buddha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lothlorian said:
Well your making your own wads very nice.
Thanks
smile.gif
But now I get srewed by doing this
wacko.gif

Lothlorian said:
Of course you did install pre-loader right? Hold Reset while Wii is booting and Pre-loader menu should come up. Go to Homebrew from there and run Wad Manager and remove the Wad that bricked you.
Unfortunately I just install StarPatch 4.1 and not the Pre-loader :/

QUOTE(Lothlorian @ Sep 8 2009, 08:25 PM)
The Stack Smash exploit in SSMB is the only way if you dont have it. If you have a mod chip on order (need mod chip to autoboot the game). YOu can use this exploit in Brawl to run a .dol in the root of SD Card. The .dol you would run would be wad manager to remove the bad Wad.
I don't have SSMB... I have no modchip for the moment but I think I need one to unbrick my Wii, a wiikey will be a good one ?

Can I use a Wadmanager/anytitle deleter autoboot DVD with a modchip to uninstall the bad channel ? And did my system will work again ?

Thank Lothlorian for your answers ! I like your avatar
biggrin.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Arendo said:
wasn't the smashstack exploid US version only?

Yes, so he would have to use the NTSC version. And it's SSBB doods.

And common sense would dictate to have preloader or bootmii installed to boot2 before playing with making your own wad's AT ALL. You were just asking for this by using startpatch instead of preloader.

l_buddha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Now I know how important is it to make a backup of a working Nand...

So my last options is to :

- Buy a SSBB US and launch it by the Recovery menu. But does it will load in a PAL Wii ? And I just need the hack in my SD card ?

- Buy a modchip and load with the Recovery menu a HBC / Wadmanager autoboot DVD ? With this I can erase the corrupt wad and my system will be clean isn't it ?

Thanks all for you time

L_Buddha

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
l_buddha said:
Now I know how important is it to make a backup of a working Nand...

So my last options is to :

- Buy a SSBB US and launch it by the Recovery menu. But does it will load in a PAL Wii ? And I just need the hack in my SD card ?

- Buy a modchip and load with the Recovery menu a HBC / Wadmanager autoboot DVD ? With this I can erase the corrupt wad and my system will be clean isn't it ?

Thanks all for you time

L_Buddha

The second option would be more likely to work. An NTSC game won't boot natively on a PAL Wii unless maybe you enabled some region free hacks in startpatch or something possibly.

l_buddha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nabster92 said:
The second option would be more likely to work. An NTSC game won't boot natively on a PAL Wii unless maybe you enabled some region free hacks in startpatch or something possibly.

Thanks man ! I will order a modchip... just waiting the end of the Wiikey website countdown to see what happen
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz