Hacking Bricked 2.0j

  • Thread starter Thread starter UrkeytaY
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,795
  • Replies Replies 11

UrkeytaY

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
278
Country
United States
I'll just fill in the backstory here...


A friend gave me his Wii that he purchased off of craigslist, he got it home and it was all in Japanese. The seller stated that it had a mod-chip in it, which I can confirm it does (just don't know which chip)

He asked me if I could get it changed to English. Sure, I said...

I ran the Twilight hack, with the anyregionchanger .dol file. I chose all the settings at the top to change it to USA, but didn't save(I think that's where I went wrong). Then I went to update the menu to 3.2. It started the network initialization, then all of a sudden all the wording was really scrambled and the Wii rebooted. The menu's are now in english, but now it won't boot any discs, and I can't get into the system menu. It won't even boot up retail games either...

I tried the savemiifrii with a gamecube controller with an auto-boot anyregion changer disc, and it ran any region changer, but then bugged out again. Now it won't load the auto-boot ARC disc at all when in recovery mode.

I have now since ordered a Savemii, which ended me up with the same results (not surprised, but i didn't mind supporting either)

So does anyone know what I need to do to fix my poor friends Wii with Savemii?

Thanks, and I hope someone can help me because I really feel bad for what I accidentally did to my friends Wii =/
 
did you try autobooting into twilight princess to run the twilight hack to get anyregionchanger running again?
 
Yeah, actually that was one of the first things I tried when using savemiifrii.

I mean this thing won't boot ANYTHING I throw at it? Is it possible that somehow this borked the modchip along with bricking it?

I have a wiikey sitting around that I never used from a while ago, so I may try to go that route...but whoever installed this modchip previously did some MAJOR damage to ONE screw, so I can't get the thing fully apart.
 
Ok, not very gracefully, but I managed to get it open and it has a wiikey already in it...
 
can you get ANYTHING to boot?

you could....and this is a big possible

patch Zelda to run from a diff IOS, however you need to find one thats actually working..

if you could find a working IOS for Zelda to use then you could get it to load a .dol of AnyRegion Changer and this time use the correct settings lol.
 
TheNewMouse said:
can you get ANYTHING to boot?

you could....and this is a big possible

patch Zelda to run from a diff IOS, however you need to find one thats actually working..

if you could find a working IOS for Zelda to use then you could get it to load a .dol of AnyRegion Changer and this time use the correct settings lol.
Yup, patch zelda to diff ios using ios patcher, that's your only hope.
 
No, no discs will run. For some reason the auto-boot ARC booted once...but that was it!

Hmmm, so what IOS should I patch zelda to? I've got the ISO I ripped from my original...

but really, if I can't get any discs to run, is this even worth a shot?
 

Site & Scene News