Hacking Breath of Fire II save gone?

JackPX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I started playing Breath of Fire II for GBA on my G6 Lite. It seemed to save well (I checked before turning off the game completely). Then when I started it up again, it simply said new game. WTF?

JackPX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone? I'd like to play it again soon, just want to know wtf happened and if there's a way to do it on G6.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know too much about the G6 Lite, but do you need to patch your GBA ROMs before you play them? Or does it play Clean ROMs like the M3 Lite?

~Nero

JackPX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dunno exactly really, never heard something about patching them. However, my DQM:J save was corrupted and my Hotel Dusk save was gone altogether when I just checked, so there seems to be a bigger problem. Did it completely break down? =/

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The M3 Lite and the G6 Lite both have PC apps which patch the clean roms when transferring them. The G6 Real allows clean roms (dragging & dropping directly without software).

I played it on the G6 Lite ages ago but not very far into it. It worked back then - so all I can suggest is make certain that the ROM you have is a clean one and that the G6 U-Disk Manager/G6 Loader are up-to-date.

If you still have problems then I'll try it out again when I get the chance and post back here.

JackPX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried it out again today and it saved well a few times, even after turning it off. My save just disappeared again though. ><

I think my stuff is up to date. You tried it ages ago and it worked right, so I doubt that's it. As for the patching, do I need to download a patch from somewhere or turn something on when writing the game to the card? Can you define "clean ROM"? Thanks.

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The chances that you have a patched rom are very, very low but it is possible. A clean rom is one that has not been patched.

I'll try it myself and test it for a while - I'll post back anything I find.

JackPX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've beaten the game on my pc (been playing a lot yeah), so I'm not really interested in getting this particular game to work anymore. However, I'm still anxious to try any GBA game on my G6, the same goes for DS games. =/ I'm not sure whether it died or just had a small problem.

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had no problems when I tried it, but I wasn't sure how many times to try saving etc. Not sure that I can be any help unless I run into the same problem.

I have little interest in playing too far into it as I finished this one ages ago.

I've never had these problems on any of the G6 Lites I have bought - although one has broke on me, the other six are fine. (I've bought so many cuz I give them to family but reload stuff on my PC for them).

ShadowStitch

Devilot's Tubtoy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JackPX, Are you using anything like a Trainer or Dipstar?

I've noticed that sometimes certain trainers or other apps that interfere with the normal operation of the ROM will cause the G6 to incorrectly handle the sram. If it ever appears that your savegame is simply gone, try pressing select at the main menu and copying the Sram in memory back over to default.

JackPX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have tried using Dipstar recently, but it didn't work for me so I threw it off and reburned the ROM I was using it with. So, it shouldn't have caused problems. =/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night