GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Neo_Ch!p said:
First off when they say the ban R4 they indeed mean ALL type of flashcards. This will sham out any flashcard distributors publicly out of the UK and at most any packaged shipped with a flashcard will be labeled as "PC Controller" or "DS Accessory", thats of course using registered mail. Bulk shipments are the ones that will have issues bypassing checkpoints.

I'm glad Nintendo is getting serious about this and I root all the way but I'd say the damage is already done. Its been quite a few years since DS flahcards came out and now they're so dirt cheap anyone with half a peanut for a brain wouldn't think about not buying a "TOt4lly uBBER Fr33 DS ROMZ" card for $3 (I'm talking to you R4), this is especially true within children where low morals and low income give pulse to such things.

But what can I say.
Sure they mean all cards but the one banned is R4 brand ONLY. Who cares about the details? What they state is what they mean which is R4 is banned. And by all means im totally not glad. Not everyone use the flashcarts for some stupid piracy school project like me. Some actually use it for homebrew applications and the making of them, who doesnt want to enjoy a flash game from a website made into a homebrew in ur R4 directly on ur DS! K, i shouldnt have used R4 for examples of homebrews...

HouQuan1031

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkStriker said:
Neo_Ch!p said:
First off when they say the ban R4 they indeed mean ALL type of flashcards. This will sham out any flashcard distributors publicly out of the UK and at most any packaged shipped with a flashcard will be labeled as "PC Controller" or "DS Accessory", thats of course using registered mail. Bulk shipments are the ones that will have issues bypassing checkpoints.

I'm glad Nintendo is getting serious about this and I root all the way but I'd say the damage is already done. Its been quite a few years since DS flahcards came out and now they're so dirt cheap anyone with half a peanut for a brain wouldn't think about not buying a "TOt4lly uBBER Fr33 DS ROMZ" card for $3 (I'm talking to you R4), this is especially true within children where low morals and low income give pulse to such things.

But what can I say.
Sure they mean all cards but the one banned is R4 brand ONLY. Who cares about the details? What they state is what they mean which is R4 is banned. And by all means im totally not glad. Not everyone use the flashcarts for some stupid piracy school project like me. Some actually use it for homebrew applications and the making of them, who doesnt want to enjoy a flash game from a website made into a homebrew in ur R4 directly on ur DS! K, i shouldnt have used R4 for examples of homebrews...

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
fffffffffffft.

Most people just buy flashcarts to play NDS games on it because they can't afford to buy retail cartridges.

QUOTE(Neo_Ch!p @ Jul 28 2010, 10:36 PM)

^

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
It seems to me that Nintendo aren't really doing this to annoy DS, DSLite and DSi users, I reckon they're trying to send a message to the next generation of flashcart makers...

"Don't mess with our 3DS!!"

And where does this news leave the 'Action Replay' team? I know the AR isn't a flashcart per se, but it is a reverse engineering device that uses a similar exploit to flashcarts. Nintendo have hated the AR for a number of years too!

EDIT: Grammar correction and stuff.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They won't be able to stop international sellers. The worst that could happen is the occasional item could be intercepted by customs. Because they are such small packages most will still slip through.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
It's good that Nintendo are finally doing something about piracy in the UK, however
QUOTE said:
"Nintendo promotes and fosters game development and creativity, and strongly supports the game developers who legitimately create new and innovative applications,"
Makes Nintendo sound as homebrew friendly as Apple. As far as I am aware, the only legit way to code for the DS is to goe through Nintendo's dev program which will cost you upwards of £10,000 and even then, only if you are ALREADY a commercial success.
Now, if Nintendo charged as little as Apple to dev for the DS/DSi there there wouldn't be this piracy problem that they say they have because there would be no flash carts out there.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
HouQuan1031 said:
I hate people who cheat online...
You doesn't seem to see my meaning and im not quoting what you wrote because is long and unnesecary. By also looking at how ignorant you write it im not going to discuss more than this.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
who cares because the R4 is dead anyway, on top of that i have my cyclo ds and super card dstwo so i don't care i am sorted, you can blame David Cameron since that guy went into power all he has done is ruin this country.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's for our own good.

R4 SUCKS TOES!

But I have a Acekard
wink.gif
I'm clean.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If this is just banned in the UK, then it won't affect all those dodgy Chinese auctions on eBay that sell flashcarts with roms on them, instead of actual copies of games like they advertise.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well....shit. :\
I hadn't even ordered the DStwo yet.
Is the law immediately in effect too? Because it really does sound like they're targetting more than just the R4 brand here.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got a solution.

Lets just ban all types of storage devices.....

oh wait!

Oh and FYI, the DS Phat and DS Lite do not have any security precautions against flashcards. As far as I know, they never did. So how this ruling can apply to them is beyond me.

Only the DSi and it's enlarged cousin do.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not going to change a thing. Same thing happened with ps2 modchips (ruled illegal) and it changed nothing. You could still get hold of them without much hassle and there were still plenty offering installs.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Utsuho Reiuji said:
Oh and FYI, the DS Phat and DS Lite do not have any security precautions against flashcards. As far as I know, they never did. So how this ruling can apply to them is beyond me.

Only the DSi and it's enlarged cousin do.
Not true.
Original backup devices needed a Pass-Me or something similar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back