Breaking News: R4 banned in UK

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by caffolote, Jul 28, 2010.

1. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    I don't think China works that way.

2. JohnnyBlaze1986

JohnnyBlaze1986 FUCK GBATEMP!

Banned
    Aug 10, 2009
    United States
    Your mother's bedroom
    Just like that nigger Obama has done for ours. I tell you, the world's governments are becoming draconian and tyrannical. They ALL want to clamp down on what we want to do. They want us to line up and conform to "their standards". It's just like 1984, the world's governments are turning into "Big Brother". You know what I say? FUCK 'EM ALL!

3. Neo_Ch!p

Neo_Ch!p Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2010
    United States
    Inside Your Motherboard™
    lol I'd like to see this in my Flea Market [​IMG]...

4. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    If customs really wanted to crack down on flash carts, why wouldn't they just open every package that comes from shoptemp or other companies that are known to sell flash carts? It would be fairly easy to make a list of companies that are known to sell flash carts and just have customs inspect every package that comes from them.

5. ZPE

ZPE GBAtemp Fan

Aug 27, 2007
    England
    Do you know how much money and time that would cost customs, not to mention Nintendo and co.?

6. Dter ic

Dter ic ~

Feb 19, 2009
    ok r4 market sellers it's time to go stelth mode and relable(or repakage) the boxes and cover it up with a massive box on top sayin "free gift too big to show, you know whoat it is no qu's answered, youtube if must"

7. George Dawes

George Dawes Wanker

Nov 11, 2009
    Chad
    your wife's corpus uteri
    They can, and after a ruling that is often exactly what they do. Remember the V64jr ban years back? Almost everything from lik-sang and a few other places got stopped & opened for a few months afterwards.

ZPE, it would costs nintendo nothing, and it will cost HMC&E little, every package coming in is entered into their database, it is trivial to have all packages from a retailer routed through the checking/clearance section and opened. A few extra man-hours for a few weeks. Cost is minimal and it sends a message that they are watching. Whether they choose to do that this time round remains to be seen.

8. ZX power

ZX power Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2010
    dsfse
    Nintendo is probably trying to send out a warning to protect the upcoming new generation of DS, but it probably doesn't matter people having been into piracy for a long time they are not going to stop because of a law passed down a long time after people started downloading Nintendo games for free [​IMG] how does Nintendo confiscate flashcards anyway at least that is what it said in a article, the thought of it scares me, imagine someone walking up to you from Nintendo and they take it all away.